This section concerns content exclusive to World of Warcraft.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.|
The following is a list of links to pages that might share the same title. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
The word neutral means:
- The faction alignment of an NPC, town, or city that is not allied or hostile towards the Alliance or Horde. Contrast with Friendly and Unfriendly.
- Derivative; the availability of a quest or item that is obtained through an Neutral aligned NPC.
- Available to both Alliance and Horde is not the same thing as available through a Neutral NPC.
- Pairs of nearly identical quests that have an Alliance quest giver and end point and a Horde quest giver and end point are not a single Neutral quest.
- They are a pair of Alliance and Horde quests.
- The quest id numbers are different.
- The disposition alignment of a monster, beast, or NPC towards your character
- When you click on Neutral beasts or NPCs, their name and highlight will be yellow.
- Neutral creatures will not attack unless attacked.
- Neutral creatures become hostile when attacked, but will revert to neutral, if you go out of attack range for long enough.
- Most non-carnivorous beasts will be neutral.
- Goblins are typically neutral NPCs.
- You can talk to some neutral creatures.
- Not all Neutral creatures can be attacked.
- Darkmoon Faire NPCs cannot be attacked, even when they are Neutral.
- (Applies mainly to Horde) Neutral NPCs from your own faction generally cannot be attacked; there are specific exceptions.
- The Reputation Level 3000 points below Friendly and above Unfriendly.
- The members of a faction you have a Neutral reputation with will generally have a like disposition alignment towards you.
In Warcraft III EditThis section concerns content exclusive to Warcraft III.
Roleplaying Game EditThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft RPG, and thus unlikely to be canon.
In the RPG, neutral means:
- Refers various neutral alignments including:
- Regions that are "neutral", i.e. neutral to all factions.
- Some of the Independent factions.