- Item Level
- Binds when picked up
- Speed 2.10
- 294 - 542 Damage
- (199.0 damage per second)
- +99 Stamina
- Red Socket
- Socket Bonus: +7 Spell Power
- Durability 120 / 120
- Requires Level 80
- Equip: Increases spell power by 741.
Equip: Your harmful spells have a chance to cause you to summon a Val'kyr to fight by your side for 30 sec.
- Sell Price: 33 38 81
The Nibelungs in Norse mythology were the royal family of the Burgundians, said to hold a massive treasure hoard. The association of the Nibelungs with the Norse mythical Valkyrie comes from Richard Wagner's four-opera cycle Der Ring des Nibelungen, which is based on the 12th century German epic poem Nibelunglied and various Norse sagas. In the operas, the Nibelung are a race of dwarves.
The effect portion of the staff could be seen as a slight reference to the Valkyrie Profile games by Square-Enix as Nibelung Valesti was the signature finishing move of the series' most memorable characters; Lenneth, Hrist, and Silmeria Valkyrie.
While they will not attack on their own, the val'kyr that are summoned can aggro enemies, so keep an eye on them.
Patch changes Edit
- Hotfix (2010-02-05):
- Proc chance for a val’kyr to appear increased from 1% to 2%
- Anytime a summoned val’kyr casts her smite spell, she will heal herself for 25% of the damage done
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): Added.