- Nigh Invulnerability Belt
- Item Level
- Binds when equipped
- 223 Armor
- +21 Stamina
- Durability 30 / 30
- Requires Engineering (350)
- Use: Protects you with a shield of force that stops 4000 damage for 8 sec.
- "Protection not always valid. In RARE cases wearer may take additional damage."
- Sell Price: 1 70 96
For 8 seconds, you can be nigh-indestructable. 8 seconds isn't a lot of time, but it is enough to absorb falling damage, or give you a reprieve to find your health potion, or have a heal cast on you. Or withstand one more 4000 point hit from that boss. ... Unless it fails.
The Nigh Invulnerability Belt is constructed by Engineers who have specialized in Gnome Engineering, and have an Engineering skill of 350 or more. It can be used by any Engineer with the sufficient (350) skill.
The Nigh Invulnerability Belt is a secret Gnome Engineering recipe, available from either of the gnomish engineering trainers (Tinkmaster Overspark in Ironforge, or Oglethorpe Obnoticus in Booty Bay).
When the effect is upon you, it appears as a "normal" paladin bubble.
Note that the effect IS dispellable (magic).
The Nigh Invulnerability Belt fails perhaps 12-16% of the time (1/8 to 1/6). On failure, you are subject to two effects:
- Complete Vulnerability
- Doubles the damage taken from all sources
- Hunter's Mark (perhaps simply the visual effect of the above)
In addition, the belt is one of the few engineering items that is usable in Arenas.