|Cooldown||(GCD 1 sec)|
|Requirements||Requires Melee Weapon|
Obliterate is a death knight ability learned at level 58 for death knights with the frost specialization. It allows the death knight to deal high damage, increased by the number of diseases on the target.
Obliterate is a staple ability in the arsenal of frost death knights. Like a few other death knight abilities, Obliterate uses a percentage of weapon damage, and therefore packs a bigger punch with a 2-handed weapon.
Modified by Edit
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 5.4.0 (10-Sep-2013) Obliterate now deals 250% weapon damage (up from 230% weapon damage).
- Patch 5.0.4 (28 August 2012): Updated.
- Patch 4.2.0 (28-Jun-2011): Obliterate base damage has been reduced to 150% weapon damage, down from 160%.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): This ability will no longer sometimes fail to do additional damage based on diseases on the target.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Bonus damage for diseases now increases damage done by a percentage rather than a flat amount.