|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 3.2.2.|
- This article is about the original 40-man version of Onyxia's Lair. For the 10 and 25-player versions of the raid introduced in Patch 3.2.2, see Onyxia's Lair.
|Onyxia / Ony / Onx / OL|
|Onyxia's Lair loading screen|
|Location||Wyrmbog, Dustwallow Marsh|
The original incarnation of the instance was one of two raid dungeons available upon release of World of Warcraft, the other being Molten Core. In Patch 3.2.2 the instance was retuned as a raid dungeon for level 80 players in honor of the World of Warcraft 5-year anniversary. The original 40-man version is no longer accessible.
- Main article: Onyxia's Lair Attunement
No attunement or key is presently necessary to enter. The was required to enter prior to patch 3.0.2.
- Main article: Onyxia's Lair loot (original)
Notable among Onyxia's loot are the tier 2 headpieces.
Specific Mob NamesEdit
- Trash mobs
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 1.3.0 (07-Mar-2005): Characters dying in the instanced portions of Onyxia's Lair will now correctly receive a corpse marker in the minimap and see the message letting them know that they need to enter the instance before they will be able to resurrect.
- Patch 1.1.0 (07-Nov-2004): Added.