|Impale, Improved Overpower, Unrelenting Assault|
|Requirements||Melee weapon, Battle Stance|
Overpower is a basic warrior counterattack. Once your opponent dodges an attack of yours, you have a chance to overpower. Overpower cannot be dodged/parried/blocked, but can miss. Overpower is instantaneous, so a high damage weapon is all that is needed here, not a high DPS weapon.
Overpower is a 5 Rage attack based on weapon damage with a 5 second cooldown. It instantly attacks the enemy for weapon damage. Rogues are especially vulnerable to it, as they rely on Dodge for much of their damage mitigation.
- Impale: Increases critical damage by 10/20%.
- Improved Overpower: Increases critical chance by 25/50%.
- Taste for Blood: 33/66/100% Chance to allow the use of Overpower after a Rend tick, usable only every 6 seconds.
- Unrelenting Assault: Reduces cooldown by 2/4 seconds, and increases damage by 10/20%.
Tips and Tactics
- Works best with large Two-Handed Weapons. Most efficient warrior ability, damage per rage, so use it as often as you can.
- Any warrior who uses Overpower often should consider the Arms talent Improved Overpower. It gives a bonus 25% crit chance for each of the two ranks, making a fully-Improved Overpower better than a 50/50 chance to crit. Combined with Deep Wounds and Impale, this gives an Overpower a great chance of landing a Critical which will deal weapon damage plus 100%(crit) plus 20%(Impale), and 48% in bleed damage(Deep Wounds), making it the equivalent of 2.6 swings.
- The strategy is simple: If the enemy dodges, always use overpower. The only downsides are its limited use to Battle Stance, and while it can't be blocked, dodged, or parried, it can still miss.
- Overpower can be devastating towards Rogues, so consider using Berserker Rage when fighting them to mitigate possible interruptions from Gouge.
- Hotfix (2009-04-24): " will now properly provide a 100% chance to enable Overpower after a parry."
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Overpower now only has one rank and no longer causes any bonus damage (i.e. weapon damage only).
- Patch 1.8.0 (10-Oct-2005): Now uses normalized attack power.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Fixed a bug where the ability was sometimes blocked.
- Patch 1.3.0 (07-Mar-2005): Should now be usable when a special attack is dodged.