|Talent tree||Discipline, Tier 5|
|Mental Agility, Silent Resolve, Aspiration|
- "It's just a flesh wound."
- An often life-saving shield, while being pounded on by multiple enemies, particularly in arenas.
- The 65% Dispel resistance stacks with the Silent Resolve talent, giving all buffs an 95% resist chance.
- Cooldown can be decreased to 2.4 minutes (144 seconds) with Aspiration.
Pain Suppression really shines in a PvP or Arena situation. No one likes to have their enemies healed, so healers are often "target #1" and focused on by many enemies at once, especially in arenas. A common strategy for an opposing group is to all simultaneously blow their most powerful cooldowns and spells on the enemy's healer. To avoid being instantly knocked out of the game, a priest can pop this spell in an attempt to survive the onslaught. If used with any combination of fear, shield, or grenade, and heals; it is possible to survive an otherwise hopeless situation. Hopefully, while the priest was the focus, his enemies will have been destroyed or fairly weakened by teammates.
Coupled with Silent Resolve, it is rare that Pain Suppression and any shield or HoTs will be removed. It is important to note that the 5% aggro reduction component of this buff is permanent. The more times it is used on a tank, the less dps is required to pull aggro off of him. It is not advisable to use this ability on tanks on fights where dps aggro is already an issue. In situations where mass AoE is needed, a Pain Suppression can be used in place of a Blessing of Protection to save a caster who has pulled aggro.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Moved to tier 5.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): No longer can be cast while under the effects of Incapacitate or Cyclone.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Cooldown increased to 3 minutes, up from 2.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Is now usable on friendly targets, instantly reduces the target's threat by 5%, reduces damage taken by 40% and its cooldown has been reduced to 2 minutes.
- Patch 2.2.0 (25-Sep-2007): This talent will now reduce the chance for any buff on the Priest to be dispelled, rather than reduce the chance of dispelling buffs cast while it is active.