|(requires 425 inscription skill)|
|T:#||Learned from a trainer with # Inscription skill|
|M:#||Minor Inscription Research (requires # Inscription skill)|
|N||Northrend Inscription Research (requires 385 Inscription skill)|
|V:#||Vendor (requires # Inscription skill)|
Mists of PandariaThis section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
Glyphs are for all specs unless otherwise noted.
Pre-Mists of Pandaria
In PvE, holy paladins are fairly restricted in which glyphs to get - simply because some glyphs are just so much more powerful or useful than others. The common set up is:
Players normally choose between Glyph of Holy Light or Glyph of Flash of Light depentant on which is their main spell: or . A lot of paladins will however get Glyph of Holy Light regardless. Due to the mana effectiency of , some FoL-type paladins will get Glyph of Seal of Light instead as mana is less of a problem then for HL-type paladins.
The third minor glyph slot however is up to your own personal opinions. None of the three listed present a clear advantage over the other so it up to personal tastes.
The common set up is:
Major Glyphs 
There are a few obvious choices for DPS Paladins:
- because it's the only one that directly increases damage.
- assuming you don't already have 214 expertise rating...
- saves GCDs which can be better used to trigger other abilities.
Also very helpful are
- really makes a difference on boss fights. By the time you're getting low on mana, you suddenly have a free, hard-hitting, oft-critting attack.
- less useful but, of course, you use CS a lot more.
Paladins don't have many good choices for Minor Glyphs. The ones that are musts for Ret Pallys are:
- is a must for everyone.
- because you can always throw it on when you're in a dungeon heavy with them.
Other than that, it's your choice of or for buffing, either soloing or in a party. I also find can help in a pinch, when you are really running low on mana and need to get some back quickly, but I rarely use it.