It was released on 11/4/09 along with the Lil' K.T..
Players are mailed this pet by Chen Stormstout:
I would like to introduce you to a long-time friend of mine: you will find this kindly pandaren monk is a most wonderful traveling companion.
May he lead you to new adventures across the face of Azeroth and beyond!
-- Chen Stormstout
- Until December 31, 2009, Blizzard donated 50% of all sales from this companion to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- Available only to players on realms located in North America, Europe, and Korea.
- Players who purchase it receive a code similar to that of the loot cards. When you enter the code in your account all characters are mailed a copy of this pet, as well as any future characters you create.
- Responds to /bow and /drink emotes.
- Does Kungfu sounds and moves followed by a puff of smoke.
Though this is often thought to be a reference to Kung Fu Panda (2008), the first Pandaren (Chen Stormstout) appeared in 2003 with the release of Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.
Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): Undocumented Added.