|Patch 3.0.2 (undocumented changes)|
|“Echoes of Doom”|
Northrend added to the world map
|Release date (US)||October 14th, 2008|
|Highlights & notes|
|← Previous||Next →|
| Patch 2.4.3|
| Patch 3.0.3|
|Patches • Patch mirrors • Patches category|
- The amount of experience required to level between 60 and 70 has been reduced.
- Approximately 30% less XP required to level (60-61 used to require 500,000, now 290,000)
- Quest XP increased by approximately 30% (Quests at level 64 still gives the standard 10400 XP, so this needs confirmation).
- XP gained by kills did not change
- Mana and Energy no longer use the "tick" system and instead climb up in real time.
- HP still tick.
- The Azeroth World Map has been updated and now shows the Continent of Northrend.
- Most other slider video settings have higher maximums
- 8x anti-aliasing is now an option in the video settings
- Shadow setting in the Video settings page/tab.
- Headphone sound setup in the Sound settings page/tab.
- As of now the titles "Champion of the Naaru" and "Hand of A'dal" are no longer attainable. You can still complete the relevant quests but they will not award said titles. However, some people are still able to gain these titles so long as they are not level 71. According to petitions filed, players that still held the quests near the end of the chain were able to complete them and gain the title.
- The interface, video, and sound options panels are reworked to be better organized.
- Video and Sound options are accessible before you log in now.
- Down ranking a spell is no longer beneficial. In most cases, downranking costs more mana than the highest rank.
- Total disk space required for the World of Warcraft folder has been reduced. The DATA folder for a Burning Crusade install now uses 7.66GB instead of 9.14GB in 2.43.
- Numerous graphics for Northrend characters are present in the PATCH.MPQ file. This may be to patch content on expansion release, or to speed up installation.
- Jumping while underwater no longer works. Instead, you start to swim upwards when holding space. Even if you are swimming straight ahead, holding space will force you to the surface; it basically has the same mechanics as a flying mount.
- Non-Forsaken characters can now hold their breath longer, changed from 60 seconds to 3 minutes. Forsaken still benefit from Underwater Breathing, which has been reduced to a 233% benefit. Consequently, regaining your breath from a fully depleted bar also takes three times longer from what it used to be.
- New tracking ability, Low Level Quests.
- A lot of new emotes have been added: /absent, /arm, /awe, /backpack, /badfeeling, /blame, /blank, /brandish, /breath, /challenge, /charm, /chug, /coverears, /crossarms, /ding, /disagree, /doubt,
/encourage, /enemy, /eyebrow, /highfive, /facepalm, /faint, /go, /sweat, /going, /glower, /headache, /hiccup, /hiss, /holdhand, /hurry, /idea, /jealous, /luck, /look, /map, /mercy, /mutter, /nervous,
/object, /offer, /pet, /pinch, /proud, /promise, /pulse, /punch, /pout, /regret, /revenge, /rolleyes, /ruffle, /sad, /scoff, /scold, /scowl, /search, /shakefist, /shifty, /shudder, /signal, /silence,
/sing, /smack, /snap, /sneak, /sneeze, /snort, /squeal, /stopattack, /suspicious, /think, /truce, /twiddle, /warn.
- Most raid buffs no longer stack, for example Mark of the Wild (75 frost resistance) and Frost Resistance Aura (130 frost resistance) will only result in 130 frost resistance.
- Spellcasting now interrupts wand attacks.
- Magic-damage melee auto-attacks can now be blocked.
- Pets set to Defensive will now charge on your first attack, rather than waiting for your enemy's first attack.
Instances and RaidsEdit
- Most buffs are now shared to the entire raid. This includes battlegrounds. (Check your tooltip to see what spells are still party-only.)
- Heroic dungeon difficulty reduced (needs confirmation)
- You can click on the spell in the Combat Log for more information about the spell.
- In addition to overheal, the combat log also shows overkill.
- Health and mana potions are now grayed out on action bars when at full health or mana respectively.
- Health values appear on targets; mobs, boss, NPC, or player (regardless of group or faction).
- You are notified if someone invites you to a party but fails because you are already in a party.
Auction House Edit
- The auction house now has a Glyphs section with subcategories for each Class.
- The auction house now has a Container subcategory of 'Inscription Bag'.
- Players will no longer receive mail with an hour cooldown when they sell an item in the auction house. Instead, this information will be displayed on the player's Auctions tab in the auction house window until the timer runs down and the money is delivered.
Currency Tab Edit
- The Currency Tab is currently filled by all Marks of Honor and all Badges as well as Honor/Arena point listings. Other reward tokens are not included (i.e. , etc). Also, the Marks and Badges can only be found in this tab, giving up more space in your inventory.
- The reputation listings are now sorted into a more hierarchical view.
- The Valiance Expedition is added to the Reputation Panel.
- Mobs and Quests that give Timbermaw Hold reputation now appear to give twice as much.
- Hovering over the "Game Menu" option in the minibar now shows latency. The color of the screen also gives you a visual indication of the latency (green, yellow, red).
World Environment: ZonesEdit
- The sky when you die and release has been changed. The whirlpool in the sky has been upgraded to have nether-like effects.
- Naxxramas has been removed from Eastern Plaguelands. The teleport spire used to teleport into Naxxramas' center chamber has also been replaced by the addition of another Plague cauldron.
- The Auberdine boat that used to go to Menethil Harbor now goes to Stormwind Harbor.
- The dock area emptied by the Auberdine boat is now the docking for the boat from Menethil Harbor to Northrend.
- Training Dummies can now be found in all major cities.
- Ironforge now has training dummies by the Military Ward for practice.
- Stormwind now has training dummies in the Old Town district, just outside of SI:7.
- Darnassus now has training dummies just before the Warrior's Terrace as you enter town from Teldrassil.
- Exodar now has training dummies.
- Orgrimmar now has training dummies.
- Thunder Bluff now has training dummies.
- Undercity has training dummies located in the Warrior Quarter.
- Silvermoon City now has training dummies located in front of the Hunter Hall and the PvP/BattleMasters hall, just below the Silvermoon Forge.
- Theramore Isle now has Level 1 Training Dummies.
- The seed pods throughout Azeroth are now blue in color.
- Many places or areas that once dismounted the player now allow for mounted travel, the following is a list of such areas:
- Aboard the zeppelins and boats.
- Forsaken zeppelin towers.
- In the open areas of Booty Bay.
- The path leading from Blackrock Mountain to Burning Steppes.
- The Dark Portal in Blasted Lands.
- Silithid hive areas (not including the tunnels/caves).
- The tunnel leading to the entrance of Razorfen Downs.
- The path in front of Stratholme's main entrance in Eastern Plaguelands.
- Inside Lumber mills.
- In most night elf buildings.
- In short, most if not all open areas that have no cover over them.
- Entering Deeprun Tram while mounted will immediately dismount you upon zone-in; before, you could remain mounted for 5 seconds and use that time to jump to the middle platform.
- Newman's Landing is now classified as part of Dun Morogh. In addition, the NPC High Admiral "Shelly" Jorrik and two Booty Bay Bruisers have been added there.
- The Champion's Hall and the Hall of Legends are no longer instances, and the door cannot be opened or shut. In addition, the certain NPCs and objects in the Champions' Hall have been moved around, including Captain O'Neal, Lieutenant Karter, Lieutenant Jackspring, and the bookcase the latter stands in front of.
- Bear-type mobs have icons in which their mouth is less wide open. These mobs are generally found in Ashenvale and Hillsbrad Foothills.
- Ship crews (last seen for a short while after the launch of Patch 2.3.0) have returned! Ships and zeppelins now enjoy a full selection of crews, some of which even sell reagents, food, or repair items. Some boats now sway again as they did in Patch 2.3.0.
- The Sylvanas Windrunner model has been updated from Undead Night Elf to Undead High Elf, including clothes, armor, and now carries a dark colored high elven battle bow.
- The Varimathras model has been redone. Armor, wings, color, and face, and horns have all been adjusted.
- Bolvar Fordragon and Katrana Prestor have been removed from Stormwind Keep, and King Varian Wrynn has been added in their place. Because of the removal of Bolvar and Katrana, the Onyxia's Lair attunment quest chain is no longer available.
- Anduin Wrynn now bears the title "Prince of Stormwind".
- Trolls of the Revantusk and Vilebranch tribes have all received new models, as have the Ice trolls of Dun Morogh, who now have females.
- Many Alliance and Horde city guards have been boosted to Level 75.
- Gift of the Naaru now heals based on the caster's Attack Power or Spell Power, whichever is higher.
- Shadow Resistance now reduces the chance you will be hit by Shadow spells by 2% opposed to adding 10 Shadow Resistance.
- Underwater Breathing now lasts 233% longer than normal down from 300%. (Lasts about 7 minutes now, up from 3 minutes. Patch set base underwater breathing for all races at 3 min, up from 1 min.).
- Perception has been changed to Racial Passive.
- New Racial ability: Every Man for Himself which removes all movement impairing effects and all effects which cause loss of control of your character.
- Elusiveness racial passive has been added.
- The explicit mention is new. The effect (enhanced stealth) has always been present.
- Shadowmeld has been changed significantly.
- You may use it in combat. It reduces threat (to 0) when used. It can probably be resisted. Your original threat is restored to full threat to all in-combat mobs when the effect ends.
- Using shadowmeld cancels eating and drinking and makes you stand up. Shadowmeld remains in effect if you sit, but if you eat or drink, the effect is cancelled.
- Cooldown raised to 2 minutes from 10 seconds.
- New Racial ability: Da Voodo Shuffle which reduces the duration of movement impairing effects by 15%.
- Abomination's Might: Does not stack with Trueshot Aura or Unleashed Rage.
- Ebon Plaguebringer: Increase to spell damage taken does not stack with Earth and Moon or Curse of the Elements.
- Horn of Winter: Strength and agility increase will not stack with Strength of Earth Totem.
- Icy Touch: Reduction in target attack speed does not stack with Infected Wounds, Judgements of the Just, or Thunderclap.
- Improved Icy Talons: Haste group buff will not stack with Windfury Totem.
- Demoralizing Roar: Decrease in target's attack power no longer stacks with Curse of Weakness and Demoralizing Shout.
- Earth and Moon: Increase to spell damage taken no longer stacks with Curse of the Elements or the new death knight ability Ebon Plaguebringer.
- Faerie Fire and Faerie Fire (Feral): Armor reduction no longer stacks with Sting and Curse of Recklessness.
- Improved Faerie Fire: Increased chance for spells to hit no longer stacks with Misery.
- Improved Moonkin Aura: Haste increase no longer stacks with Swift Retribution.
- Infected Wounds: Reduction in target attack speed no longer stacks with Judgements of the Just, Thunderclap, or the new death knight ability Icy Touch.
- Insect Swarm:
- Leader of the Pack: Melee and ranged critical hit chance will no longer stack with Rampage.
- Mangle: No longer stacks with Trauma.
- Moonkin Aura: No longer stacks with Elemental Oath (see discussion).
- Tree of Life Form: Increased healing buff no longer stacks with Improved Devotion Aura.
- Leaving shapeshift forms no longer plays a sound.
- The druid has an expanding/shrinking animation when changing forms (dependant on the from and to forms)
- no longer increases flying speed while in flight forms.
- Exotic (very large) pets start off at full size when hunter logs in or pet is summoned, and shrink to normal pet-size, similar to the druid shifting.
- Selecting a mob which you are not currently tracking (including being attacked by one) will activate tracking of that type (if available) and activate the global cooldown.
- The tracking ability the hunter was using is not restored after the change.
- This stops the hunter from reacting to being attacked as quickly as other classes.
- Also, having a profession with a tracking ability requires frequent selection of the same ability over and over again.
- This effect occurs even if the hunter does not have the survival talent which would make this beneficial.
- Acid Spit: Armor reduction no longer stacks with Expose Armor and Sunder Armor.
- Aimed Shot: Healing reduction to the target no longer stacks with Wound Poison, Mortal Strike, Furious Attacks.
- Feed Pet: The pet eats quite a bit faster. Total feeding time seems to be about half as long.
- Ferocious Inspiration: Damage increase no longer stacks with Sanctified Retribution.
- Scorpid Sting: Melee hit reduction no longer stacks with Insect Swarm.
- Sting: Armor reduction no longer stacks with Faerie Fire, Faerie Fire (Feral) and Curse of Recklessness.
- Trueshot Aura: No longer stacks with Unleashed Rage or the new death knight ability Abomination's Might.
- Although the official patch notes state that only newly tamed low level pets are levelled to within 5 levels of the hunter, this instant levelling also applies to any active pet more than 5 levels below the hunter.
- Arcane Brilliance no longer requires you to select a target to cast.
- Arcane Intellect:
- Focus Magic: Spell power increase (sic) does not stack with Improved Divine Spirit, Flametongue Totem, Totem of Wrath, or Demonic Pact (see discussion).
- Improved Scorch: Increase to critical strike chance no longer stacks with Winter's Chill.
- Slow: Casting time target debuff no longer stacks with Curse of Tongues or Mind-numbing Poison.
- In addition to the changes in the official patch notes, Divine Protection no longer causes mobs to de-aggro off of the Paladin, making it more like a Shield Wall for the protection Paladin.
- Paladin auras appear to stack (i.e., multiple Devotion Auras) - this may be a display bug.
- The Blessing of Kings buff was moved to the top of the protection tree, made into a 5 point talent (Blessing of Kings and Improved Blessing of Kings) from a 1 point talent previously.
- Blessing of Might and Greater Blessing of Might: No longer stacks with Battle Shout.
- Blessing of Sanctuary and Greater Blessing of Sanctuary: Damage reduction no longer stacks with Grace.
- Heart of the Crusader: Increase to crit strike chance no longer stacks with Totem of Wrath.
- Improved Devotion Aura: Increased healing buff no longer stacks with Tree of Life Form.
- Judgements of the Just: Reduction in target attack speed no longer stacks with Infected Wounds, Thunderclap, or the new death knight ability Icy Touch.
- Sanctified Retribution: Damage increase no longer stacks with Ferocious Inspiration.
- Swift Retribution: Haste increase no longer stacks with Improved Moonkin Aura.
- All priest racial abilities have been removed from the game except Devouring Plague, Hymn of Hope and Desperate Prayer (see below).
- Desperate Prayer, formerly a dwarven and human priest racial, is now a talented ability.
- Devouring Plague, formerly a Forsaken priest racial, is now a baseline Shadow spell.
- Grace: Damage reduction no longer stacks with Blessing of Sanctuary and Greater Blessing of Sanctuary.
- Hymn of Hope (formerly Symbol of Hope, a Draenei priest racial) is now a baseline Holy spell.
- Improved Divine Spirit: Spell power increase does not stack with Focus Magic (sic), Flametongue Totem, Totem of Wrath, or Demonic Pact (see discussion).
- Inspiration: Armor increase no longer stacks with Ancestral Healing.
- Mind Flay has a new animation.
- Shadow Weaving changed to a self-buff. Reduced to 3 ranks.
- Vampiric Embrace heal of party members reduced to 5% (base) but 25% to yourself.
- Contrary to patch notes, Blade Twisting adds 5/10% damage to Sinister Strike and Backstab, not 5%/15%.
- If possible, rogues will always attempt to pick locks now, even if the appropriate key is present.
- New Shadowstep animation.
- Expose Armor: Armor reduction no longer stacks with Acid Spit or Sunder Armor.
- Mind-numbing Poison: Casting time target debuff no longer stacks with Curse of Tongues or Slow.
- Wound Poison: Healing reduction to the target no longer stacks with Aimed Shot, Mortal Strike, Furious Attacks.
- Ancestral Healing: Armor increase no longer stacks with Inspiration.
- Chain Heal has a new look, with a green tinge.
- Elemental Oath: No longer stacks with Moonkin Aura (see discussion).
- Flametongue Totem: Spell power increase does not stack with Focus Magic (sic), Improved Divine Spirit, Totem of Wrath, or Demonic Pact (see discussion).
- Strength of Earth Totem: Strength and agility increase will not stack with with the new deathknight ability Horn of Winter.
- Totem of Wrath:
- Unleashed Rage: No longer stacks with Trueshot Aura or the new death knight ability Abomination's Might.
- Water Walking: No longer disappears when you shapeshift.
- Windfury Totem: Haste group buff will not stack with Improved Icy Talons.
- Curse of the Elements: Increase to spell damage taken no longer stacks with Earth and Moon or the new death knight ability Ebon Plaguebringer.
- Curse of Tongues: Casting time target debuff no longer stacks with Mind-numbing Poison or Slow.
- Curse of Recklessness: Armor reduction no longer stacks with Faerie Fire, Faerie Fire (Feral) and Sting.
- Curse of Weakness: Decrease in target's attack power no longer stacks with Demoralizing Roar and Demoralizing Shout.
- Demonic Pact: Spell power increase does not stack with Focus Magic (sic), Improved Divine Spirit, Totem of Wrath, or Flametongue Totem (see discussion).
- Contrary to patch notes, Drain Soul does NOT cause 400% damage to targets below 25% health.
- Contrary to patch notes, Conflagrate may be cast on targets afflicted with either Immolate or Shadowflame, and consumes that spell as before.
- New animations have been provided channelled beams, including Drain Soul, Drain Life, Drain Mana, and Health Funnel.
- Fel Intelligence: No longer stacks with Arcane Intellect.
- Firestones and Spellstones have been completely reworked to function similarly to Superior Wizard Oil. The Master Firestone temporary enchantment also includes the extra fire damage as it used to as an Off-Hand weapon/Relic, which is not mentioned in the ability tooltip.
- The overhead "change stance" animations have changed and are more animated than before when changing stances.
- Battle Shout: No longer stacks with Blessing of Might or Greater Blessing of Might.
- Blood Frenzy: Increase to physical damage taken does not stack with similar raid buffs.
- Commanding Shout: Increase to health no longer stacks with Blood Pact.
- Demoralizing Shout: Decrease in target's attack power no longer stacks with Demoralizing Roar and Curse of Weakness.
- Mortal Strike: Healing reduction to the target no longer stacks with Wound Poison, Aimed Shot, Furious Attacks.
- Rampage: Melee and ranged critical hit chance will no longer stack with Leader of the Pack.
- Sunder Armor: Armor reduction no longer stacks with Acid Spit or Expose Armor.
- Thunder Clap: Reduction in target attack speed no longer stacks with Infected Wounds, Judgements of the Just, or the new death knight ability Icy Touch.
- Trauma: No longer stacks with Mangle.
- Slain Outrunner in is now visible on the Minimap.
- The Hellfire Fortifications quests now reward players with their respective Faction Insignia on first completion.
-  and  have been removed. The rest of the Missing Diplomat quest chain, including the continuation, is still fully accessible, even to new characters.
-  is no longer offered as a successor to  , making The Great Masquerade quest chain inaccessible.
- Mixology can be trained for 10s at an Alchemy trainer.
- Cooldowns were removed for the following transmutes: , , and .
- Cooked items are faster to make now.
- Many bombs and other items now stack to 20.
- Schools of fish will now occasionally splash in the water, making an audible sound.
- Herbalists now receive a new spell, Lifeblood, a self-heal over time.
- Junk powder (e.g., ) is no longer obtained through Prospecting.
- Miners now receive the passive ability Toughness which adds HP based off of the skill level. (Rank 4 gives 100 hp. It could be 25 hp per skilltraining. 25 for Expert, 25 for Master and so on. Your mining skill level seems to be the "ranks")
- Skinners now receive the passive ability Master of Anatomy which increases critical strike based off of the skill level.
- Bolts of cloth now stack to 20.
- Bolts are faster to make now.
- now only requires 5 pieces of instead of 6.
- Bandages are faster to make now.
- , and have icons that are clearly different from . The icons for and have changed as well.
- : The length of underwater breathing has been reduced from 30 to 5 minutes.
- Consumable scrolls (example: ) now stack to 20 instead of 5.
- A new rank of scrolls (VI) has been added. Old scroll level requirements adjusted to compensate for the new level.
- now inflicts 1125 to 1875 physical damage and slows enemies movement speed by 50% for 6 seconds (changed from snaring enemies).
- Clams are now stackable in stacks of 20.
- : Now decreases mana needed to shapeshift flight forms; does not affect flight speed.
- : No longer affects players above level 70.
- : No longer affects players above level 70.
- : No longer affects players above level 70.
- Loot for the Headless Horseman changed.
- from the lvl 50 Rogue class quest no longer reduces fall damage, replaced the effect with a +10 Hit Rating.
- The item description for now says that it's only usable in Ashenvale. However, contrary to the description, it's still usable anywhere.
- Items like Glyph of Power and Glyph of the Outcast have been renamed to , , etc.
- The drop rate of from Baron Rivendare has been increased to 1/100.
- no longer drop when picking sNightmare Vine.
- Maximum viewing distance has been increased by 64%.
- Maximum particle effect density increased.
- Idle animations improved.
- New loading screens for Kalimdor, Eastern Kindoms and Outland, and a new login screen.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z aa ab ac ad ae af ag ah ai aj ak al am an ao ap aq ar as at au av aw ax ay az ba bb bc bd be bf bg bh bi bj Zarhym 2008-08-28. 3.0.2 - On Debuffs, Buffs, and Raid Stacking. Archived from the original on 2008-08-28. Retrieved on 2009-06-20.
- ^ Ghostcrawler 2008-10-14. Upcoming Shadow changes. Archived from the original on 2008-10-14. Retrieved on 2009-06-20.