| This article or section is a Cataclysm stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
|Interface .toc||40300? (API Changes)|
|Highlights & notes|
|Patches • Mirrors • Category|
- Transmogrifier - a transmogrification feature accessed via an ethereal NPC to allow combining pieces of armor of the same type to create a new piece with the look of one, but the stats of the other.
- Void Storage - possibly a new type of special player "bank" with up to 100 to 150 slot accessed via an ethereal NPC, but unable to store items with enchants or gems.
- Less experience will be needed to get from level 71 to 80.
- Raid Attack power buff focused more toward melee than ranged.
Dungeons & Raids
- Expected to have "major raid and dungeon content", three new five-player dungeons and a new raid (the Deathwing battle).
- The first 5-man is called End Time (from Battle.net, not "Endtime" as mentioned in some interviews) and will apparently happen at a future version of Wyrmrest Temple in Dragonblight via the Caverns of Time.
- The second 5-man will be called Well of Eternity where players will need to go back in time to get the Demon Soul with  also via the Caverns of Time.
- The third 5-man will be called Hour of Twilight where players will escort Thrall back to Wyrmrest Temple.
- The raid, apparently also called "Dragon Soul," will start around Wyrmrest Temple where players will have to fight 6 of Deathwing's lieutenants and then Deathwing himself. At some point players will have to go to the Eye of Eternity to recover the Focusing Iris in order to use the Demon Soul/Dragon Soul. The fight with Deathwing will start with Thrall using the Demon Soul to weaken him, then players will jump from a gunship to Deathwing. The final fight will occur on his back trying to stay balanced and peel off his armor plates. Deathwing will try to escape and the final battle will after falling into the Maelstrom  where phases may occur on islands around the Maelstrom. Like the dungeons, the raid will be accessed from the Caverns of Time.
- Pre-Deathwing bosses:
- Final boss:
- One of the rewards for killing Deathwing will be a mount that will be some kind of red dragon model.
- Raid Finder - like Dungeon Finder, automating the search for fellow players on the hunt for a good raiding party.
- Tier 13 will only drop from raid bosses and Deathwing will drop the best weapons.
- There will be three sub-tiers to Tier 13 pieces: Looking for Raid (Raid Finder), Normal and Heroic.
- Epic gems will appear, but only from Deathwing raids. Epic gems may only appear rarely in dropped container item for all raid members currently being called a "geode".
- Boring worgen racial horse mounts.
- , two legendary rogue daggers will be introduced.
- Also possibly some legendary armor items.
- Some older armor sets that have been removed in previous patches may be made available again.
- Legendary rogue-only daggers added that are based around agility and should be desirable to all rogue specs (assassination, combat, and subtlety).
- A legendary quest line associated with legendary rogue daggers.
- New profession recipes coming.
- New PvP season.
- Bag and bank search.
- ^ a b c d e f Mike Schramm 2011-09-19. Blizzard talks about patch 4.3 and the future of World of Warcraft. Joystiq.com.
- ^ a b Saia 2011-08-04. World of Warcraft: Subscribers Fall to 11.1 Million, Patch 4.3 Coming This Year. Ten Ton Hammer.
- ^ a b c d Brian Crecente 2011-08-17. World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Comes Full Circle; Deathwing Is Going Down. Kotaku.com.
- ^ a b Lylirra 2011-08-18. 4.3 Preview - Void Storage. Official World of Warcraft Community site (US).
- ^ Adam Holisky 2011-08-17. More details emerge on Void Storage -- 100 to 150 slots of space. WoW Insider.
- ^ Alex Ziebart 2011-08-29. Patch 4.3: Leveling 71-80 will be shorter. WoW Insider.
- ^ Zarhym 2011-08-26. @Warcraft. Twitter (Warcraft).
- ^ a b c d e f Lore 2011-09-19. Interview with Greg Street, AKA Ghostcrawler. Tankspot.com.
- ^ a b c d Zarhym 2011-09-19. Patch 4.3 Dungeons Preview, Part One: End Time. Official World of Warcraft Community site (US).
Zarhym 2011-09-19. Patch 4.3 Dungeons Preview, Part One: End Time. Official World of Warcraft Community site (EU).
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n Robert Purchese 2011-09-19. Killing Deathwing in WOW Patch 4.3 - Interview MMO PC. Eurogamer.net.
- ^ a b Medievaldragon 2011-09-19. WoW: Cataclysm Patch 4.3 Press Event Preview: Deathwing, War of the Ancients, Hour of Twilight Dungeons. Blizzplanet.
- ^ Zarhym 2011-09-19. Patch 4.3 Dungeons Preview, Part Two: Well of Eternity. Official World of Warcraft Community site (US).
Zarhym 2011-09-19. 4.3 Dungeons Preview, Part Two: Well of Eternity. Official World of Warcraft Community site (EU).
- ^ Zarhym 2011-09-19. Patch 4.3 Dungeons Preview, Part Three: Hour of Twilight. Official World of Warcraft Community site (US).
Zarhym 2011-09-19. 4.3 Dungeons Preview, Part Three: Hour of Twilight. Official World of Warcraft Community site (EU).
- ^ a b c d e f g Kaivax 2011-09-20. Patch 4.3 Raid Preview: Dragon Soul. Official World of Warcraft Community site (US).
Patch 4.3 Raid Preview: Dragon Soul. Official World of Warcraft Community site (EU) (2011-09-20).
- ^ a b c Blizzard Entertainment 2011-09-21. The Deathwing Raid: Interview with Scott Mercer. Official World of Warcraft Community site (US).
Blizzard Entertainment 2011-09-21. The Deathwing Raid: Interview with Scott Mercer. Official World of Warcraft Community site (EU).
- ^ a b c d Saia 2011-09-19. World of Warcraft Patch 4.3 Interview with Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street. TenTonHammer.com.
- ^ Adam Holisky 2011-08-17. Raid finder coming in patch 4.3. WoW Insider.
- ^ Zarhym 2011-09-19. #456 - tier 13 cannot be purchased with valor points. Official General Discussion forum (US).
- ^ Basil Berntsen 26-Aug-2011 2:00PM. Gold Capped: Epic gems must be in patch 4.3. WoW Insider.
- ^ Mathew McCurley 2011-09-01. Patch 4.3: Worgen racial mounts. WoW Insider.
- ^ Emily of VideoGamer.com Staff 2011-08-17. Blizzard extravaganza presentation gamescom Live Report - 16:40:25. Videogamer.com.
- Official info