|This article or section is a Mists of Pandaria stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
|Release (US)||10 December 2012|
|Interface .toc||50100 (API Changes)|
|Highlights & notes|
|Patches • Mirrors • Category|
World of Warcraft Patch 5.1.0A
Blizzard surprised everyone with a bug fix patch on December 10, 2012. No notice was given, but official patch notes were posted on the official site blog (US) in the morning (apparently with a time well before the blog actually appeared).
Lots of users appear to be having problems with corrupt files with this update.
Official patch notes
- Bug Fixes
- Pet Battle Abilities that use a shoot or missile animation will now properly display their visual effect.
- Disabling Loss of Control in the Interface menu will now also disable the red cooldown swipes on the action bar in addition to the notification in the center of the screen. Loss of Control Alerts can be disabled in the Game Menu by going to Interface > Combat > and un-checking Loss of Control Alerts.
- When Loss of Control Alerts are enabled, the red cooldown swipes will not be displayed for abilities that were already on cooldown and in situations where that cooldown will last longer than the loss of control.
- Night will now fall at the proper time on all realms.
- Objective icons in Scenarios will no longer incorrectly persist until the Scenario is complete.
- Fixed an issue that could cause crashes during Pet Battles.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash to occur during in-game cinematics in OSX v.10.6
- Official patch notes