Start a new discussion! -- Please start a new discussion here or add a message using the  button.
Welcome to the Interface customization Portal
This is the main talk page for World of Warcraft Development. See also WoW Development.
Important information Edit
- Portal:Interface customization is a semi-protected page and can only be edited by established editors.
If you came here to discuss the wiki in general, please visit the Village pump.
- Templates used on Portal:Interface customization are
- Portal:Main/part-top - portal header and sidebar
- Portal:Main/part-bottom - page end (closing tags)
- Portal:Main/Notices - notification banner
- Portal:Community/News - WoWWiki news
- Portal:Main/News - general news and notices
- Portal:Main/Help - WoWWiki help
- Portal:Main/Wikia - info about related Wikia wikis
And two WoWWiki:Featured article templates (FA/FM).
Page moved from WoWWiki:Interface customization Edit
This page takes over from WoWWiki:Interface customization as the interface customization destination for the wiki. There is one main change:
- The design of the portal has been given a revamp for consistency and ease of use.
Feedback is appreciated.18:19, 28 March 2008 (UTC)
small change needed to portal page under Resources Edit
Under the Resources heading,
There is no attribution on the wowcompares.com pages if it is sponsored/hosted by wowinterface or not. going to the old link redirects you to the new one.
- Done! Thanks. 02:53, 29 July 2008 (UTC)
- I've added it under documentation. Thanks :)
Macro Writ Edit
I have created the page Macro_API to more completely document the macro capabilities like the Holy Writ API and Widget pages are done. The list is not complete yet, but I would like to see it added right under the Widget API in the Holy Writ. I feel this will make it much easier for users seeking information about writing macros.
On a side note, I'd like to how I would extract the macro commands from the client data files. Using an in-game mod, I extracted the slash commands that Blizzard adds in its own LUA code, but I would like the list to be as complete as possible. If anyone has any ideas, that'd be great. Maybe it can be done similar to how the original API function lists were created.
EDIT: Ok, figured out how to extract them all, I just traversed the entire global table for variables beginning with 'SLASH_'. I will be updating the page with all of the macro commands in the client.
- The Macro API page is complete, all sub-pages have been created. I would like this added to the "Holy Writ" section of the portal. I am posting here for community feedback and so that whoever is managing the Portal nowadays can have a chance to review it. --DrDoom (talk) 01:13, 3 January 2009 (UTC)
Rearranging the green box Edit
I'm playing with various ways to modify the layout and content of the green navigation on this page over at Portal:Interface customization/Dev; feel free to join in. -- foxlit (talk) 22:00, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
Possible addition? Edit
- Not in its current state -- it's simply too outdated. Consider merging content that isn't entirely wrong into Getting started with writing addons, then VfD'ing the customization guide. In the end, the goal is to have a single "I'd like to learn how to write addons, give me an introduction" page. -- foxlit (talk) 01:10, 20 April 2009 (UTC)