|Affiliation||Scourge, Blood Prince Council, The San'layn|
|Location||Befouled Terrace, Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom or The Crimson Hall, Icecrown Citadel|
To Summon Edit
In order to engage Prince Taldaram, his force shield must be deactivated. Before reaching his platform, there are two smaller platforms, each with four mobs and a crystal orb. To reach the platforms there is a spider-web bridge which can be difficult to spot if it's your first time in the instance. Kill the mobs and click the orbs. Once both have been clicked, the force shield around the platform nearby will disappear. The party should then go to the platform and engage the boss.
- ω ϖ 50 yd range—Conjures a sphere of pure fire that floats through the air toward the target while firing searing beams at enemies that come within 18 yds. 3 second cast. Taldaram summons a large, fiery orb over his head, which is then fired in the direction of a player, traveling to the edge of his platform. The orb will shoot small 'beams' of fire towards any players near it as it flies, doing moderate fire damage. (Effectively, this acts like an AOE cone attack centered on one player.) The group should spread out around the boss to minimize damage.
- ω ϖ 60 yd range—Consumes the life force of the target, stunning it and inflicting 1500 Shadow damage every 2 sec for 20 sec or until Prince Taldaram sustains 20,000 damage. Channeled. Throughout the fight, Taldaram will emote and then vanish (much like Moroes in Karazhan). He will reappear a few seconds later next to a random player, who will be stunned while Taldaram drains health from them. It is helpful to have the group collapse together when Taldaram vanishes, so that DPS can start on him immediately. Once the group is down to two people, he will stop using this ability. If a dead player releases, and then re-enters the instance, Taldaram may vanish, and reappear at the other player's position in the instance and drain him to death. With no other players in range, Taldaram will then reappear at his original position and reset to full health
Flame Sphere - Now shoots three spheres in an arc covering about a third of the platform. Increased damage.
Vampiric Drain - Similar effect, but now also reduces healing on the affected (stunned) player by 100%. Immunity effects such as Divine Shield are also ineffective. Ice Block works though. 'Shield' effects such as a Priest's Power Word: Shield do work.
Strategy - Have the tank tank him at either extreme side (far or near) of his platform. This way, when he casts Flame Sphere, the entire group can stay together, and run towards the opposite extreme side of his platform. This allows you to only have to dodge two balls, as opposed to three. DPS the boss as quickly as possible when he starts Draining a player. If you bring him from side to side of his platform, then the Flame Spheres are quite easy to overcome, even in heroic.
Alternative Strategy - As the orbs of fire he spawns move away from him in a triangle it is best to tank him with his back to the rest of the party. Exposing the rest of the party as little as possible to the 2 orbs that are spawned. The best location to do this is on the lower platform moving him from right side to left and back, while the healer stays in the middle.
Taldaram, along with fellow blood-princes Keleseth and Valanar, have returned in Icecrown Citadel as members of the Blood Prince Council. The three princes were raised in undeath by the Lich King to avenge themselves upon their slayers and to act as bodyguards for Blood-Queen Lana'thel, the blood-queen of the San'layn.
- I will feast on your remains.
- Your heartbeat is music to my ears.
- I am nowhere. I am everywhere. I am the watcher, unseen.
- So appetizing.
- Fresh, warm blood. It has been too long.
- Killing a player
- I will drink no blood before it's time.
- One final embrace.
- Still I hunger, still I thirst.