|Cooldown||45 sec (GCD 1.5 sec)|
Psychic Scream is a priest talent available at level 60. It causes nearby enemies to run away in fear. There is a chance to resist it that increases as the enemy becomes higher level than the caster. This resistance becomes important when depending upon psychic scream to escape combat and psychic scream fails. Be careful when using it so fleeing enemies do not wake up additional mobs on their return.
Combined with , shadow priests can tie enemies to them so they don't have the ability to run further than 20 yards and escape to aggro other mobs. Mind Flay also counts as a dot and has a reduced chance of breaking the fear.
Modified by Edit
Patch changes Edit
- Hotfix (2009-04-30): "Mana Burn now causes Fear, Hex and Psychic Scream to break early when used."
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): The damage threshold for Fear, Psychic Scream, Hex, Intimidating Shout, and Turn Evil to break early has been significantly reduced. : Increases duration by 2 seconds, but increases cooldown by 8 seconds.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Now costs 15% of base mana. Added .
- Patch 1.12.0 (22-Aug-2006): This spell now uses the same resistance checks as the Warlock spell Fear.
- Patch 1.8.0 (10-Oct-2005): Updated tooltip to reflect that damage caused to the feared target may break the effect. Included radius in tooltip.
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17): Psychic Scream now has a chance to break when the feared target is damaged.