|A Royal Escort|
|Level||80 (Requires 78)|
|Category||Culling of Stratholme|
|Experience||44100 (or 26 46 at 80)|
|Rewards||Choose one of:|
The Infinite Dragonflight are not likely to give up so easily. I cannot be certain of what they're up to, but something tells me we haven't seen the last of them today.
In just a moment, Arthas will face a desperate dilemma, and make a momentous decision.
Don't lose focus now, <name>. I needn't remind you how much is at stake. I must call upon you to accompany the prince in his culling of Stratholme.
Arthas must make it through Stratholme alive and you must see to it that he defeats Mal'Ganis!
You will be able to choose one of these rewards:
You have done well, <name>.
The Infinites have been foiled and this thread of history remains intact.
I thank you for your invaluable assistance, as does the entire Bronze Dragonflight.
Going into Stratholme
- Uther the Lightbringer approaches
- Lordaeron Footman says: Lord Uther...
- Arthas says: Glad you could make it, uther.
- Uther the Lightbringer says: Watch your tone with me, boy. You may be the prince, but I'm still your superior as a paladin!
- Arthas says: As if I could forget. Listen, Uther, there's something about the plague you should know...
- Arthas says: Oh, no. We're too late. These people have all been infected! They may look fine now, but it's just a matter of time before they turn into the undead!
- Uther the Lightbringer says: What?
- Arthas says: This entire city must be purged.
- Uther the Lightbringer says: How can you even consider that? There's got to be some other way.
- Arthas says: Damn it, Uther! As your future king, I order you to purge this city!
- Uther the Lightbringer says: you are not my king yet, boy! Nor would I obey that command even if you were!
- Arthas says: Then I must consider this an act of treason.
- Uther the Lightbringer says: Treason? Have you lost your mind, Arthas?
- Arthas says: Have I? Lord Uther, by my right of succession and the sovereignty of my crown, I hereby relieve you of your command and suspend your paladins from service.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Arthas! You can't just--
- Arthas says: It's done! Those of you who have the will to save this land, follow me! The rest of you... get out of my sight!
- Uther and Jaina walk away
- Uther the Lightbringer says: You've just crossed a terrible threshold, Arthas.
- Arthas says: Jaina?
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I'm sorry, Arthas. I can't watch you do this.
- Arthas climbs down from his rock and stands in front of the bridge to Stratholme
- Arthas yells: Take position here, and I will lead a small force inside Stratholme to begin the culling. We must contain and purge the infected for the sake of all Lordaeron!
- Arthas walks over the bridge and into the entry passage of Stratholme
- Arthas says: Everyone looks ready. Remember, these people are all infected with the plague and will die soon. We must purge Stratholme to protect the remainder of Lordaeron from the Scourge. Let's go.
- Arthas walks up to the first nearby citizen
- Arthas says: I can only help you with a clean death.
- Strathome Citizen says: What? This can't be!
- Arthas kills him.
- Strathome Citizen says: Oh, no...
- Arthas says: That was just the beginning.
- Mal'Ganis appears
- Mal'Ganis yells: Yes, this is the beginning. I've been waiting for you, young prince. I am Mal'Ganis.
- Mal'Ganis yells:As you can see, your people are now mine. I will now turn this city household by household, until the flame of life has been snuffed out... forever.
- Arthas yells: I won't allow it, Mal'Ganis! Better that these people die by my hand than serve as your slaves in death!
- Arthas yells: Mal'ganis will send out some of his Scourge minions to interfere with us. Those of you with the strongest steel and magic shall go forth and destroy them. I will lead the rest of my forces in purging Stratholme of the infected.
Upon defeating Mal'Ganis
- Arthas says: You performed well this day. Anything that Mal'Ganis has left behind is yours. Take it as your reward. I must now begin plans for an expedition to Northrend.