|This article or section is a quest stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
Again we meet, <race>. I confess, your presence is beginning to grow on me.
Am I correct in assuming that you've come to hone your aerial combat skills?
As always, my pets stand ready to bring fiery destruction to the enemy.
Speak, and they shall be at your disposal.
I noticed some improvements today, <class>. At moments, it was as if you were one with the drake.
You are welcome to practice with my precious pets at your leisure.
Talk to Corastrasza to fly the drake.
- My drakes have been eagerly awaiting your return, <class>.
- Are you ready to take wing?
It should be noted that these abilities are the same abilities you will have during Phase 3 of the Malygos fight. People who plan to face Malygos would do well to add this quest to their Daily Routine.
Abilities of the red drake
On the drake you'll get six different abilities:
- Flame Spike (10 Energy, Instant) - Fires a quick jet of fire at your target, causing 943 to 1057 Fire damage. Awards 1 combo point.
- Engulf in Flames (50 Energy, Instant) - Launches a blast of flames, igniting your target for 1500 Fire damage (per stack) every 3 sec. This effect stacks without limit. Lasts longer per combo point:
- 1 point : 6 seconds
- 2 points: 10 seconds
- 3 points: 14 seconds
- 4 points: 18 seconds
- 5 points: 22 seconds
- Revivify (10 Energy, Instant) - Heals the target for 500 per second, stacking up to 5 times. Must be cast on a drake, not a player. Lasts 10 sec. Awards one combo point.
- Life Burst (50 Energy, Instant) - Releases a burst of rejuvinating energy, healing friendly targets within 60 yards and increasing the caster's healing done by 50%. Heals for more and lasts longer per combo point:
- 1 point : 5,000 heal / 5 sec
- 2 points: 7,500 heal / 10 sec
- 3 points: 10,000 heal / 15 sec
- 4 points: 12,500 heal / 20 sec
- 5 points: 15,000 heal / 25 sec
- Blazing Speed (Instant) - Increases flight speed by 500% for 8 sec.
- Flame Shield (25 Energy, Instant, 30 sec cooldown) - Surrounds the caster in a shield of flames, reducing all damage taken by 80%. Lasts longer per combo point:
- 1 point : 2 seconds
- 2 points: 3 seconds
- 3 points: 4 seconds
- 4 points: 5 seconds
- 5 points: 6 seconds
You can only have combo points on a single target. For example, casting Revivify places a combo point on your heal target, and so removes all combo points from your enemy target. Casting Revivify or Engulf in Flames refreshes the duration of your stack already on the target.
This quest WILL be a pain to those who are doing it for the first time. Here are some tips to avoid unnecessary keyboard destruction:
- Make sure to enable the interface options Auto Self Cast and Cast Bars (under Combat).
- Start by stacking Revivify on your drake five times (before engaging in combat). Optionally, also cast Lifeburst on yourself to make use of the combo points available.
- Begin the pull with two Flame Spikes, then Engulf in Flames.
- Recast Revivify on your drake; this keeps the HoT stack at 5 and refreshes its duration.
- Recast two Flame Spikes, then Engulf in Flames; this increases DoT stack and refreshes its duration.
- Repeat the rotation until the drake is dead (keys 1 1 2 3).
- In any moment, if the blue drake starts casting Arcane Surge, you have plenty of time to use Flame Spike (if you don't have combo points) then Flame Shield. Arcane Surge deals a lot of damage, and you can't heal through it without a shield up. You only need two (one, if well timed) combo points to make the shield last through the whole Surge.
The following macro will help during this quest:
/castsequence reset=target Flame Spike, Flame Spike, Engulf in Flames, Revivify. Simply place it on an action bar and bind it to a key that isn't used while you are on the drake. You can then just spam this macro while fighting. Think of it as easy mode.
Because the Arcane Surge can come up at any moment, you MUST always watch the enemy's cast bar, else you get a nasty surprise. If you're lucky, you may not even see Surge at all. Good luck!
This rotation focuses on stacking the DoTs from Engulf in Flames; once there are two stacks, it deals more damage (per energy) than Flame Spike. The combo points from Flame Spike only increase the duration of Engulf in Flames, not the damage dealt, so there's no point stacking more than two (giving you 10 seconds to rebuild the 80 energy needed for each cycle).
After you've stacked Engulf in Flames a few times, expand the cycle to using three Flame Spikes, to allow more time for energy regeneration. At that point, most of the damage is being done by the stacked Engulf in Flames, and energy may be running low.
This quest is part of a chain: