|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 3.2.0.|
|Bang a Gong!|
|Start||The Scarab Gong|
|End||The Scarab Gong|
Requires Level 60
|Reputation||+500 Brood of Nozdormu|
+1000 Cenarion Circle
|Rewards||and Scarab Lord title|
Bang a Gong! is the final quest of the the Scepter of the Shifting Sands quest chain to open the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj. The Scarab Gong at the Scarab Dais in Silithus offers this quest to players with the in their possession five days after the Ahn'Qiraj War Effort collection quest is complete.
Completing the quest starts the 10 Hour War. Any other players with the scepter in their possession are eligible for this quest during the war, but once it ends, this quest will no longer be available to any subsequent Scepter Bearers on the realm. Any Scepter Bearer, the first as well as all others, is eligible for once the war reaches its conclusion.
From the slackened maw of the beast can only come chaos and destruction. Defend your people!
From the ground near the gong springs a special crystal. Perhaps favor from the Brood.
Upon completion of this quest, you will gain:
- The Scarab Lord title
- +500 reputation with the Brood of Nozdormu
- +1000 reputation with the Cenarion Circle
Banging the Gong starts the 10 Hour War. Several worldwide/zonewide emotes happen at this time:
- <name>, Champion of the Bronze Dragonflight has rung the Scarab Gong. The ancient gates of Ahn'Qiraj open, revealing the horrors of a forgotten war...
- Massive Qiraji resonating crystals break through the earthen crust of Kalimdor. Colossal creatures made of obsidian stone breach the freshly broken land...
- Colossus of Zora casts its massive shadow upon the whole of Silithus.
- Colossus of Ashi breaks free of its cocoon beneath Hive'Ashi.
- Colossus of Regal hears the call to battle and rises to serve its master.
- General Rajaxx yells: Soon you will know the price of your meddling, mortals... The master is nearly whole... And when he rises, your world will cease.
When patch 3.0.2 was released, a bug closed the gates, and you were once again able to do this quest and the 10 Hour War. All related quests were also made available, however, you did not have to gather supplies.
This is part of the conclusion to quest chain: