|Blast the Gateway|
|Level||70 (Requires 70)|
|Reputation||+250 Shattered Sun Offensive|
Blast the Gateway is one of the two Shattered Sun Offensive daily quests located at the Throne of Kil'jaeden in Hellfire Peninsula. Players must have completed the quest before Seyla offers this quest.
Magistrix Seyla at the Throne of Kil'jaeden wants you to use the to summon a Living Flare and slay near it until it becomes an Unstable Living Flare. Return to the Legion Gateway with the Unstable Fel Spark to destroy it.
Take these embers, they contain one of my creations: a living flare. It is designed to act as a powerful destructive force - as long as it has been provided enough energy.
Find the fel sparks that wander the area and slay them near the living flare. The flare will grow in power each time, until it becomes unstable.
Once you've achieved this bring the flare to the gateway. It will know what to do.
Is it done, <name>? We must stop further Legion forces from reinforcing Kael'thas.
Excellent work, <name>. The demons might repair the gateway in due time. I suppose we'll just have to blow it up again.
- After summoning your spark, don't leave the Throne of Kil'jaeden unless you intend to reset the quest.
- You don't actually have to kill any of the fire elementals there; it's enough to just stand at one which is getting killed by another other player including one of the opposite faction. Your "spark" will still grow bigger.
- It takes 8 kills to go unstable.
- Dying despawns your spark and you'll have to summon it again at its starting level of energy.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2008-03-26): "Players are no longer able to accept the quests "Blood for Blood" and "Blast the Gateway" without first completing "The Missing Magistrix"."
- Patch 2.4.0 (25-Mar-2008): Added