|Bring Me The Egg!|
Requires Level 64
|Experience||14150 (or 8 49at level 70) XP |
or Expression error: Unexpected < operator.Expression error: Unexpected < operator.Expression error: Unexpected < operator. at Level 90
Now that you've been initiated, I want you to get me that egg! Use the Jump-a-tron and try to hit the nest dead center. But be careful! Bodily injury or serious permament damage may occur from a bad jump.
Did I mention my love for eggs?
Well, it's no egg… Hey! I love chicken too! I'll just chomp right through this ginourmous talon! Thanks!
Upon completion of this quest you will gain:
- 14150 XP (or 15 49at level 70)
Wazat wants you to use the Jump-a-tron 4000 to get him a Mysterious Egg from the large nest just west of his camp (the nest is in a tree).[61, 67] There are three ways to get into the nest: Use the Jump-a-tron 4000, run and jump off the cliff, or use a flying mount.
Using your mount is self explanatory. Simply flying to the nest and trying to grab an egg may not spawn the Matriarch, as actually using the Jump-a-Tron seems to be an important part of the quest. This quest was created before the requirement for flying mounts was lowered to 60.
Using the Jump-a-tron 4000 Edit
If you stand on or next to the Jump-a-tron 4000, click on it to use it. An action bar "Using Jump-a-tron 4000" appears and counts down 5 seconds. You are thrown high into the air in a long trajectory and receive the Jump-a-tron buff (3 minute duration). This will slow your fall so you can land safely without damage. You cannot control your direction or distance while your are in-flight. However, you can dispel your Jump-a-tron buff which will cause you to fall directly down to the ground.
WARNING - The Jump-a-tron 4000 will launch you high into the air, and dispelling the Jump-a-tron buff causing you to fall can mean a fall to the death. You are launched very high up, you may not survive the fall damage received if you miss the nest. Soon after you loot the egg you will have to battle Windroc Matriarch! Since damage received from falling is a percentage of your total health, if you remove this buff from too high you will die no matter how much health you have. It's a good idea to do a few practice jumps to make sure you are lined up correctly and will fly over the nest.
- You have two options for where to stand when you use the Jump-a-tron 4000.
- Stand in the dead center of the Jump-a-tron 4000 facing the nest. There is a branch from the nest sticking up. Align the top of your head with the nest, centered on this branch. If you are off to the left or right, you may off-shoot and won't hit the nest.
- Stand right next to the Jump-a-tron 4000 on the nest side of it so that you're against it but not on it and face directly away from the nest. The Jump-a-tron 4000 should be dead center in front of you.
- Change your camera angle so you are looking directly down on yourself (i.e., "birds-eye view").
- Use the Jump-a-tron 4000 to launch yourself towards the nest.
- The Jump-a-tron buff appears about 1 second after you are launched into the air. If you dismiss it (right-click on it) either immediately or when you are the top of your trajectory, you will fall into the nest. You will take fall damage when you hit the nest (equal to about 48% of your maximum health).
Run and jump off the cliffEdit
- Use the Jump-a-tron 4000 to get the Jump-a-tron buff.
- To get into the nest, ride up the hill overlooking the tree. The path up the hill is at (62,68), just south of Wazat's camp on the left side of the hill.
- Make your way to the edge of the hill overlooking the tree (61,68). You will see the giants eggs in the nest.
- Get on your epic riding mount and equip any one of your riding speed increase trinkets (Carrot on a Stick, Riding Crop). If you don't have an epic mount and one of the trinkets, it can be tricky to land on the nest - you tend to fall short. The epic mount and the trinkets give you more speed and therefore let you jump further.
- Line yourself up with the nest and give yourself enough room to get to a full run and then jump off the hill. The Jump-a-tron buff will let you fall slowly enough to land on the nest.
Fighting the Windroc MatriarchEdit
Once you are in the nest, click on the Mysterious Egg. This will complete the first part of the quest objectives - Attempt to Steal Egg.
Once a member of the party attempts to steal the Mysterious Egg (only one member of the party has to attempt to steal the egg for all party members to get credit), you have about 45 seconds until the Windroc Matriarch appears and attacks. So if you are the party member who jumped in the nest, heal yourself and re-equip your gear (if you took any off to avoid durability damage) before she spawns. Then kill her, loot her severed talon and speak with Wazat to complete the quest.