|Cataclysm in the Catacombs|
|End||Pile of Explosives|
Requires Level 84
or 131556 at Level 90
Don't worry about me, <class>. I've uncovered the Twilight's Hammer plot. They've been stealing and stockpiling explosives coming into Stormwind harbor. Somehow, they've gotten access to the catacombs underneath the Cathedral of Light. I've heard talk of someone called "The Black Bishop."
There's no time to warn the guard, <name>! You've got just minutes to get into the catacombs and disarm that bomb. Go! Now! Or THOUSANDS of PEOPLE will DIE!
<3 ... 2 ... 1 ...>
<You wet your fingers and snuff out the fuse. The cathedral is saved!>
Underneath the powder kegs you find a heap of notes and papers. Apparently the cultists were trying to destroy the evidence behind them.>
You will receive:
- The Cathedral is phased during this quest, so there are none of the usual NPCs within.
- To access the catacombs, enter the Cathedral and then go diagonally right from within the main room. The winding path will bring you down to where normally stands. In the back corner of this room is the short flight of stairs that leads into the catacombs.
- Once you descend, head to the right and follow it all the way down.
- Classes with AoE abilities should avoid using them on the way to the Bishop; there are a number of neutral mobs () that will attack in amongst the regular mobs ( s). s
- Once you get to the Bishop and kill him, be sure to turn in the quest and accept the next one quickly: the Black Bishop has a quick respawn timer, and the worst that will happen is you are trapped behind his new magical barrier along with the pile of explosives.
- This quest, just like who gives it, is a reference to the television series 24. Jack routinely has to save the day in a very limited amount of time, and thus has to circumvent normal procedures in order to accomplish this.
Patch changes Edit
Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.