|Children of Ursoc|
Requires Level 73
or 9419 at Level 90
What remains to be seen is whether the bears they worship as gods have also been tainted.
Ursoc's two children, Orsonn and Kodian, dwell in the Heart's Blood Shrine and the Rage Fang Shrine, south and southeast of Grizzlemaw.
See if they will speak to you regarding what has happened here.
Have you spoken with Orsonn and Kodian yet?
Ursoc's children are wise. Their words explain much of what we've seen so far.
- I once roamed the Grizzly Hills, son to the great Ursoc, who ruled over this land.
- But now... now I'm doomed to spend the rest of my life in this cave.
- You don't understand. If I wanted to I could fight my way out of this cave.
- It's my father, Ursoc. He has returned from the dead... but he's not the same.
- He gave his life during the War of the Ancients thousands of years ago. For centuries, the furbolg who worshipped him tried to devise a way to resurrect him.
- Finally they decided they were to attempt to regrow the failed world tree, Vordrassil, and use its magic to bring back my father.
- The sapling they grew bore a fruit. At first it seemed to work. Ursoc did come back and I was filled with joy for a brief moment.
- As he recovered, it was clear that he wasn't the same. Neither were the furbolg.
- Whatever evil caused the ancient druids to tear down Vordrassil manifested itself in the new tree and turned them all into monsters filled with bloodlust.
- The thing that now walks the Grizzly Hills is not my father and it must be put to rest.
- I am Kodian, daughter of Ursoc. I watch over this once sacred shrine.
- I've not seen a stranger come here in a long time.
- A furbolg named Tur Ragepaw. Not one of ours.
- This one came from the southern lands. He was over the Timbermaw tribe.
- He wanted to see Ursoc. He seemed to think that Vordrassil's taint could be purified and used to save my father.
- It is foolish to entertain such hopes. You will agree when you see the darkness that has afflicted him like I have.