|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft due to the devastating Cataclysm.|
|Fate, Up Against Your Will|
|Reputation||+250 Stormwind, +250 Valiance Expedition|
For the Horde side of this quest, see  .
At the behest of Lady Proudmoore, I will allow a diplomatic mission to Orgrimmar to question the Horde's Warchief, Thrall. You will assist her in this journey and keep her safe from harm. Return to me with news from Orgrimmar.
Speak to Jaina when you are ready to leave.
The Horde does not want war, <race>. Listen well...
Talk to Jaina in Stormwind City:
- Lady Proudmoore, I am ready to go to Orgrimmar. Please open a portal.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Do not do anything that would incite the Horde, <name>. The Warchief has agreed to see us on good faith.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Let's go.
- Both the player and Jaina take the portal to Grommash Hold in Orgrimmar. On arrival, the in the throne room come up to attack before Thrall calls them off. s is also in attendance, kneeling before Thrall.
- Thrall says: Kor'kron, stand down!
- Thrall says: Jaina...
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Thrall, what has happened? is preparing for war...
- Thrall says: Jaina, what happened at the Wrathgate. It was a betrayal from within...
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Lady Proudmoore, the Warchief speaks the truth. This subterfuge was set in motion by and . It was not the Horde's doing.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: As the combined Horde and Alliance forces began their assault upon the Wrathgate, an uprising broke out in the Undercity. Varimathras and hordes of his demonic brethren attacked. Hundreds of my people were slain in the coup. I barely managed to escape with my life.
- Thrall says: The Horde has lost the Undercity.
- Thrall says: We now prepare to lay siege to the city and bring in the perpetrators of the unforgivable crime to justice.
- Thrall says: Know this, Jaina: War with the Alliance is not in our best interests. If we are forced into a conflict, the will destroy our divided forces in Northrend.
- Thrall says: We will make this right, Jaina. Tell your king all that you have learned here.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I will deliver this information to King Wrynn, Thrall, but...
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: was like a brother to him. In the King's absence, Bolvar kept the Alliance united. He found strength for our people in our darkest hours. He watched over , raising him as his own.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I fear that the rage will consume him, Thrall. I remain hopeful that reason will prevail, but we must prepare for the worst... for war.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Farewell, Warchief. I pray that the next time we meet it will be as allies.
- Jaina takes the portal back to Stormwind City.
- Thrall says: Kor'kron, prepare transport to the Undercity.
-  & 
- (The following quests were removed; retained for posterity only.)
The title of the quest seems to come from a line of the Echo & the Bunnymen song, "The Killing Moon".
All of Orgrimmar and Durotar can be explored while on this quest. The city appears deserted except for a large number of plus some other NPCs in the sValley of Strength, and there are some guards wandering around the rest of the city. None of these will attack, and though they are shown as hostile (red) they cannot be attacked, either. It is even possible to go outside and into the rest of the world, with more refugees outside the gates of Orgrimmar.
The Alliance player is phased for all of Durotar and safe from all Horde NPCs and Horde players; indeed, all the regular NPCs are missing. Only if they leave Durotar, or step off a Zeppelin tower and onto a docked zeppelin route will they leave the phased zone. Returning to Durotar or zeppelin tower will re-phase the player.
Ever since Patch 3.0.2, some Alliance players came to realize that the phasing mechanic could allow them to complete the Fishing Achievements and in total safety from any Orgrimmar guards or Horde players. While this wasn't strictly a game-breaking mechanic, it was unfair to Horde players who wanted to complete and , as there is no opportunity to phase Ironforge in the same way. This is likely the reason why exactly six months later, Patch 3.1.0 changed this so that phased players can only fish up trash.