- This quest is about the Frostborn quest. For epic trinket, see Fervor of the Frostborn.
|This article or section is a quest stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
|Fervor of the Frostborn|
Requires Level 77
|Category||The Storm Peaks|
or 13229 at Level 90
|Reputation||+250 The Frostborn|
|Rewards||, , , or|
I be more than willing ta lend my shelter and home to travelers in need, but I'm nae too keen to force my people inte yer affairs.
I'll tell ye what... my people are warriors, straight and true. On the day a frostborn becomes a man, he has to prove himself in battle. He has ta show us that he'll not let size hold'm back.
Show me yer as strong and fierce as one of my men, and I'll have them lend ye an ear or a blade. Speak to Fjorlin over by the cliff to the south there and he'll put ye to the test.
Ye've come back to me. Have ye come back to me victorious?
Ha! Grand tale <lad/lass>... perhaps ye have a bit of frostborn blood in ye, eh? Yer not just talk anyway, and that's what I needed to hear.
The Iron Watcher has 101,000 health.
A few yards from where Velog drops the player off is a . You will receive a bit of fall damage from the dismount, so make sure you heal that up first. Use the hammer for a four second stun and a hit anywhere from 7700 to 10000 damage with a 10 second cooldown. The fight is all about kiting as the Iron Watcher will pick up his pace the more he gets hit. Melee hits on cloth are in the 4000 range, and he has a warstomp with a massive range that does ~875-950 damage. In other words, hit him with the hammer, run off while cd goes off, hit him again, run off and heal yourself. Do this 4 - 5 times until you knock him off the ledge!
It seems the Iron Watcher was nerfed a bit by Patch 3.3.5. It now has 100,800 HP, the storm hammer now does 9000 to 11,000 dmg, and the warstomp does 400 to 600 dmg on mail users.
- To : King Stormheart sent me to be tested as a frostborn would. I am ready for my test, Fjorlin.
- Velog Icebellow says: King Stormheart is putting you to the test, eh? He must see something in you to begin with or I doubt he'd put you through such a sacred ritual.
- Velog Icebellow says: I know you're new to our kind, so I'll catch you up a bit while we're on our way over.
- Velog Icebellow says: Years back, my father and several other frostborn were returning from a trek across Dragonblight. There was a heavy blizzard... far worse than we've ever seen since.
- Velog Icebellow says: They crossed a trail of blood-soaked snow and followed it to a dwarf wandering and speaking in a dialect they couldn't make out... and not a dwarf of our kind mind you, but a mountain dwarf - something our kind had not seen before.
- Velog Icebellow says: The dwarf seemed lost, having no memory of where he came from, or even of his own name. Not being the kind to leave a dwarven cousin to die in the snow, my father's party took him in and continued back towards Frosthold.
- Velog Icebellow says: Not long later, out of nowhere, the snow burst before them and a jormungar the size of Veranus herself came down upon their party... one of them was swallowed whole before they even had time to react.
- Velog Icebellow says: My father thought they were all doomed... but behind him, a furious roar rumbled across the snow, and he turned to see the mountain dwarf growing in size, his skin taking on a stone-like texture, and his hands sizzling with lightning.
- Velog Icebellow says: The dwarf barreled forward with a sound like rolling thunder and hurled a shining metal hammer, lightning coursing over its surface, directly into the jormungar's throat.
- Velog Icebellow says: The jormungar collapsed instantly, its head barely still attached to its convulsing body. My father turned to the dwarf in awe and raised a fist in praise...
- Velog Icebellow says: The stranger having no name of his own, my father deemed "Yorg," a name reserved for the champions of legend. Years later, he now stands before us as Yorg Stormheart, King of the Frostborn.
- Velog Icebellow says: King Stormheart has trained us well... turned us into even more fearsome warriors than we could have boasted during the time of our war with the Frost Giants.
- Velog Icebellow says: And as one of the fiercest tests put upon a warrior of the frostborn, we are made to face a creature far larger than ourselves--giants, dragons, jormungar--as a testament to the fact that size will never be our weakness.
- Velog Icebellow yells: This is the test put before you this day. Return to us only once The Iron Watcher is dead, and be revered as a warrior of the frostborn.
Velog drops the player off at the end of a broken bridge.
- Velog Icebellow yells: He is slow from the rust of the ages... be quick on your feet and he will not best you. You have King Stormheart's favor - do not disappoint.
As Velog flys off, at the other end of the broken bridge stands the Iron Watcher, the player's "final exam". Pick up the Battered Storm Hammer left by its unfortunate former owner. This frostborn apparently did not study hard enough. Get within range and throw the storm hammer.
- Creaking echoes off of the nearby structures as the Iron Watcher comes to life.
- As the hammer lands, more rust shakes free from the Iron Watcher's frame and its pace quickens.
- The Iron Watcher roars with fury, shaking more rust from its ancient frame.
- The Iron Watcher reels, reaching to its now useless eyes, and charges blindly.
- The Iron Warcher looses its footing under the furious blow.
The Iron Warcher topples off the end of the bridge and is killed on impact with the cliff far below.
When you complete the quest, Fjorlin Frostbrow calls you over, unlocking Unwelcome Guests:
- Fjorlin Frostbrow whispers: Over here <laddy/lassie>, I have something I could use a hand with.
- [78 Daily]