- It is highly recommended to read the Notes before attempting this quest.
|Into the Fire|
|Start||General Taldris Moonfall|
or 165399 at Level 90
|Reputation||+250 Guardians of Hyjal|
Escort a Windcaller through the Furnace and secure the entrance to the Molten Flow.
- Druid of the Talon Windcaller protected
and his druids are seeking to push through the Furnace to our northwest. They've been able to fly over the dangers, but they really need someone on the ground to help them secure the territory past the fire... someone like you.
If you want to aid the Druids of the Talon, wait for one of Omnuron's Windcallers to start pushing through the fire, stay close to him, and keep him safe from any attackers within the flames.
Glad to see the Skylord was finally able to get someone capable through without wings. Our flight has been of little use to us in these confined spaces and amidst the thermals beyond this ridge.
Looks like we'll have to resort to more conventional tactics. You game?
You will receive:
- Though the quest text says to "keep close", don't keep too close. Hang back from the Windcaller until the flames clear and walk a few paces behind. will attempt to kill the Windcaller, so keep on your toes when taking them out, but also be mindful of the flames closing in behind you.
- A good tactic is to try not to engage most of the Flamewaker Assassins and let them beat on the Windcaller. If the Windcaller dies, just try to sprint past them to the Pyrelord. Many players on classes that have a hard time mitigating damage report that the rate of Flamewaker Assassin adds comes too fast to survive reliably.
- The Windcaller does not need to survive to get to the Pyrelord fight.
- Once you get to the end, a will be waiting for you. Kill it, and the chasm entrance to the Molten Flow opens beneath it, dropping you inside. You don't need to do lots of damage as other druids will help you kill him.
- If you don't fall down the hole, it should appear nearby with a coil of rope to get down safely (although you may be able to just jump down).
- Just continue into the cave system; there are no mobs leading up to Thisalee.
- From reading lots of comments at Wowhead, you may want to do this set of dailies exactly once just to experience it, but because of the potential repair bills of doing this quest you may want to skip this set from then on and do the Forlorn Spire ones.
Quest progression Edit
-  and complete the daily quests listed below (after completing four from the previous stage) to earn enough to continue. (150 marks for recruiting the Shadow Wardens; if completed already, then 125 marks each for the Moonwell, Ancients, or Armaments quests)
- Ancients daily (requires completion of )
- Anren/Tholo (requires having quested for the Druids of the Talon and completing ; quests below reflect accepting )
- Fire Lasher daily (requires having quested for the Shadow Wardens and completing the normal quests below)
- Ricket's Daily (requires and completion)
Patches and hotfixes Edit
Patch 4.2.0 (28-Jun-2011): Added.