|Experience||30,450 XP |
or 182699 at Level 90
|Reputation||+500 Valiance Expedition|
|Rewards||, , , , or |
- Last Rites
Suggested Players 
Now that we know the words of power to enter Naxxanar we can put an end to the cultist blight. Go to En'kilah and look for the teleportation orb beneath the floating citadel.
Work your way up and meet me at the top. Arm yourself with what courage you can, we might not make it out of this alive.
You did well, <name>. I was hoping to leave my sister out of all of this. Thanks to you she is alive and well.
My obligations to my king and my army have been fulfilled. It is clear I'm not welcome among my comrades anymore. I will have to find my own way, fighting no wars but my own and following no orders but my heart's.
Perhaps we shall meet again, <class>. Until then, take this as a token of my gratitude.
You also gain:
Get to the top of Naxxanar by porting up to the lower level, then going upstairs and taking the orb to the top, where Thassarian awaits.
Say "Let's do this, Thassarian. It's now or never." to start the event.
- The Image of the Lich King and Counselor Talbot walk up. Talbot removes his disguise and reveals himself as Prince Valanar.
- Prince Valanar says: My liege, the infiltration and control of the Alliance power structure by our cultists is well underway.
- Image of the Lich King says: Your progress in this region has been impressive, Blood Prince. I am pleased...
- Prince Valanar says: The power you've bestowed upon me has allowed me great mental influence over human minds. I bear these offerings as proof of my progress.
- Leryssa and General Arlos appear and walk toward Valanar and the Lich King. Thassarian runs forward.
- Thassarian yells: Leryssa!
- Thassarian yells: What have you done to my sister, you motherless elf scum!?
- Image of the Lich King says: Now this is a surprise, Thassarian. I hadn't heard from Mograine or the other death knights for months. You've come to rejoin the Scourge, I take it?
- Thassarian says: I would sooner slit my own throat. You will pay for what you did to your own men, Arthas... for what you did to me! I swear it.
- Prince Valanar says: Allow me to take care of the intruders, lord. I will feed their entrails to the maggots.
- Image of the Lich King says: Do not fail me, San'layn. Return to Icecrown with this fool's head or do not bother to return.
- Prince Valanar says: Yes, my lord!
- The battle is joined.
If Thassarian dies:
- Prince Valanar says: Pitiful... just pitiful.
- Valanar and the others all despawn.
- General Arlos says What... what happened to me?
- General Arlos says: Ugh! My head won't stop spinning...
- Leryssa yells: Thassarian, you're alive!
- Thassarian says: Leryssa... you... you're all right!
- Leryssa says: I thought... I thought you were... dead.
- Thassarian says: I cannot return home with you just yet, Leryssa. I am not quite done with the Scourge.
- Leryssa says: Don't leave me again! You want to fight for your country, but they don't even want you! They sent you here to die!
- Thassarian says: You might be right, sister. My obligations to my land and King have been fulfilled. But there is still something that I owe to myself.
- Leryssa says: I know that look in your eye... I'm not going to be able to talk you out of this. If you die on me again...
- Thassarian says: Do not worry, Leryssa. I will come back to you when I'm done. Nothing in the world will stop me from coming home to the only family that I have left.
Prince Valanar's abilities:
- ω ϖ 60 yd range—Immense power draws at your soul, reflecting 100% of the damage you deal to yourself for 6 sec.
- ω ϖ 45 yd range—Blasts an enemy target, dealing Shadow damage equal to 20% of their total health.
- ω ϖ 40 yd range—Hurls a bolt of dark magic at an enemy, inflicting Shadow damage.
He has 115K health. Note that this event, like many involving the Lich King, has voice accompanying the text.