Requires Level 10
or no coins at Level 90
I used the following values:
Scales by level (16 54 at Level 85)
This is one of the Undercity daily fishing quests, which can be used to improve cooking skill as well as contribute towards several Achievements.
Sometimes fishing means throwing something back, <class>.
We've been overfeeding these frogs for just that occasion. We've fed these frogs bloated spiders, that were fed bloated flies, and now, we are going to feed a real monster.
The moat above, in the Ruins of Lordaeron, is home to our very own Moat Monster.
Today is feeding day. But we must train it as well. In this bag, you will find a decoy kit and some Bloated Frogs. Use the decoy kit, then toss the frogs to the monster when it appears.
Decoy Taunt Dialog Edit
- Tremble in fear you mighty members of the Horde, the Alliance is here!
- Our loss in Tol Barad will be avenged! I will try to bring death to this grand city. Cower as I try to remember a battle cry!
- I'm so angry that we lost Wintergrasp, again! I will try to kill your leader, the all powerful, Sylvanas, instead.
- Hey, look, there are people here. Nothing at all like that tree city that I, a night elf, live in.
- Where am I? I crashed with the Exodar and now stumbled into this imposing city...
- This city is so big, to me, a tiny, pathetic gnome.
- I am drunk, like many of my fellow dwarves. I've dug a tunnel and wound up here. Who wants to drink?
- Yoo hoo! I am here to slay Sylvanas!
The dead feed the flies. The flies feed the spiders. The spiders feed the frogs. The frogs feed our moat monster... It's a beautiful circle of life with the goal of ending life.
You will receive:
- Money (scales by level; 16 54 at level 85.)
- +1 Fishing skill
The moat in question is outside in the entrance courtyard. Target the monster to feed it; it will remain visible for 2-4 frogs per taunt.
The feeding cycle is reminiscent of the mental patient Renfield in Bram Stoker's Dracula. He also fed flies to spiders, although the spiders were fed to birds; he wanted to feed the birds to a kitten which presumably he would eventually eat when it was a plump cat, in order to absorb all the lives involved in the process.
Achievement progression Edit
Patches and hotfixes Edit
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Added.