| This article or section is a Cataclysm stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
|Murder Was The Case That They Gave Me|
|Start||Lieutenant Horatio Laine|
|End||Lieutenant Horatio Laine|
|Experience||1100 XP |
or 66 at Level 90
|Rewards|| or or |
- Clue #1 obtained
- Clue #2 obtained
- Clue #3 obtained
- Clue #4 obtained
Here's the deal, kid, we've got a full-blown murder on our hands. Double homicide... Single horse... icide.
Worse yet, we're in Westfall. I could throw a rock behind me and hit a dozen hobos with enough motive to want to wipe these people (and horse) out.
Now I don't know who did this and I sure don't appreciate having to come to this dump to investigate the deaths of a couple of quatters, but I'll be damned if I don't find the perp. You want to help? Go talk to some bums. The hobo... knows.
Gnolls and murlocs? Horse poopy, pal! Gnolls and murlocs didn't kill these people. I've seen what gnolls and murlocs do to people that they kill and this... isn't it. Too pretty. Too... perfect.
Furthermore, the Furlbrow's had been squatting on this farm for 5 years. No, whoever wiped them out had a reason. This is murder, plain and simple and we're gonna get to the bottom if it...
Both of the previous breadcrumb quests are optional as Laine will offer this without any prereqs.
- I ain't tellin' you nothin'
- Oh the big hero has arrived. I'm saved! Yea, right...
- You wanna talk? Pay up.
- Whaddya want?
- Get lost.
Players have the option of choosing to ask for information without bribing, or bribing for it. The former option most of the time will just turn the the hobos hostile.
- I ain't tellin' you a damn thing!
- You rich punks are all the same!
- Now you've gone and done it! TIME FOR THE FIST!
However, bribing may not always work either...
- You can't buy me! DIE!
If the player picked the right choice, whichever it was...
- Listen, pal. I don't want any trouble, ok? I didn't see who murdered 'em, but I sure heard it! Lots of yelling. Human voices... you dig? Now get out of here before I change my mind about beating you up and takin' your shoes.
- I didn't see who killed 'm, <bub/sis>, but I got a whiff. Smelled rich, kinda like you. Damn shame too. Furlbrows were a fixture around here. Nice people, always willin' to share a meal or a patch of dirt.
- Who killed the Furlbrows? I'll tell you who killed the Furlbrows: KING VARIAN WRYNN. THAT'S WHO! And he's killin' the rest of us too. Once bum at a time. The only thing I can tell you is that I saw some gnolls leavin' the place a few hours before the law arrived.
- Between you, mea, and the tree, murlocs killed the Furlbrows. Yep, saw 'em with my own two eyes. Think they'd been casin' the joint for days, maybe months. They left in a hurry once they got wind of "Johnny Law" and the idiot brigade over there...
-  / 
-  / 
-  / 
The title of this quest comes from a hook from the song "Murder was the Case" by (then) Death Row Records recording artist Snoop (Doggy) Dogg. It is also interesting to note that the lyrics of the Chamillionaire song "Hip Hop Police" includes a line which reads "Murder was a case, and they blame me." The subject of the song ties in closely with the quest.
Patch 4.0.3 (15-Nov-2010): Added