|Pink Elekks On Parade|
|Level||80 (Requires 1)|
This quest was available during the Brewfest event in 2007, but has been temporarily disabled in 2008. It has returned with Brewfest in 2009 for US realms only; it has been announced that due to matters outside of Blizzard's control, they will not be brought back for EU players. After 3.2.2, there was a slight window when the quest was available, but rolling restarts were soon brought in to remove it.
Getting drunk is a time-honored tradition at Brewfest -- it's damn near required! Thing is, I'm getting reports across Azeroth saying the celebration's plagued by hallucinations! We can't have that!
These elekks can't be harmed by normal weapons -- they pass right through 'em - so take this fabulous piece of gnomish machinery, visit the other beer gardens, and zap 'em to oblivion. Remember, you have to be drunk or wearing Synthebrew Goggles to see 'em! Tell me if you need a pair.
Are those pesky pink elekks gone yet?
Good work! Pink elekks... what a preposterous notion!
- If you're at one of the beer gardens mentioned (Stormwind, Darnassus, or Exodar), and you don't see the Elekks, you aren't drunk enough. Take another drink. It takes 3 'standard alcoholic beverages' to see the elekks.
- Even though the quest giver appears in a "classic" zone, it requires players to visit Burning Crusade zones. Therefore, players whose accounts are not upgraded with the first expansion set are unable to even pick up this quest.
- An interesting note about this quest is that the Elekk you are currently targeting will be the one that disappears, not the one you zapped.
- Almost certainly inspired by Pink Elephants on Parade from the animated film "Dumbo" by Disney, but may also be a satirical nod to the song "Bulls on Parade" by Rage Against The Machine.
- Also see the Wikipedia entry on seeing pink elephants.