|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.|
|Pristine Yeti Hide|
|Start||Pristine Yeti Hide|
Requires Level 40
You will receive the following:
- 250 reputation with Darnassus
What's this, <name> - you've got something special for me?
Incredible! You may have found the granddaddy of all yeti hides with this!
You better believe I'll pay you for it. I normally don't pay that much for a single hide, but I'm pretty sure I can make something special from it. Thanks for thinking of me on this, <name>!
To that end,
- The round-trip-time of the boat from the eastern dock on the shores of The Forgotten Coast is 5:15.
- This is biased towards a rather quick return (approx. 1 minute, island to coast). Assuming halfway between optimal and maximum trip time, the average trip time is 7:53.
- One minute is spent at each dock, allowing one to quickly leave the boat on the island, turn in the quest and return to the boat before it leaves.
- In comparison, at an unbuffed swim speed (50% speed decrease), the time from shore to shore is 2:40. If the player possesses any swim speed boosts, it may be faster (coast to island) to simply swim. The trip time itself is biased towards a quick return trip, however, if the boat is present.
- On a normal mount (60% speed increase), the time from the shore to the cave is approx. 1:45.
- The yeti have approximately 2500 health and the drop rate is 2%. There are about 40 yetis in the cave and surrounding area, so the cave will have to be cleared about three times (98% to the power of 120 is approximately a 8.9% chance that it will not drop after 120 kills). This yields 300,000 damage that needs to be done per pelt.
(confirmation of these numbers is appreciated)
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Added.