|Recipe of the Kaldorei|
Requires Level 1
or at Level 90
Recipe of the Kaldorei is an Alliance only cooking quest in Teldrassil, the night elf starting zone. In this quest, players are sent by Zarrin the cook to gather spider legs for a special dish unique to the kaldorei.
You will need:
- Long ago, the night elves were called the kaldorei, a name that means "children of the stars." Learning of the past is an important step in your path as a <class>, <name>, so listen well to what I have to tell you.
- The kaldorei have always taken much pride in their harmonious relationship with nature. This means that we only take from nature what is necessary, and that we return in kind. This balance has afforded us much, <name>.
- Go out and collect seven small spider legs -- no more than that, and return to me.
- Remember the balance, <name>. I wish you to develop an understanding and a strong empathy for the living forests.
- Always remember what I have shown you today, <name>. You are part of the balance that the night elves strive to keep intact, even during troublesome times.
You will also receive 3 of the following:
Obtaining this quest
You must have the secondary profession cooking to obtain this quest. You can train it from the same NPC who gives the quest, Zarrin. He can be found standing near a cauldron behind the Dolanaar inn (south of the road).
Completing this quest
The spider legs needed to complete the quest (and used in the recipe which you receive as a reward) drop from all the spiders in Teldrassil, except those in Shadowglen. It's best to complete this quest as you travel around for other quests in the area, killing spiders as you go. When you have gathered enough legs, return to Zarrin in Dolanaar to complete the quest. Note that while you can receive the reward with any cooking skill, you must have cooking 10 in order to learn the recipe.