|Skullcrusher the Mountain|
|Start||The Hammer of Twilight|
|Level||85 (Requires 84)|
|Reputation||+500 Dragonmaw clan|
|Rewards|| or or or |
- This is the final quest for the Twilight Highlands.
Survive and then slay Skullcrusher the Mountain.
- Survive Skullcrusher's backhand
Survive and slay Skullcrusher the Mountain!
You did it, <name>! You beat that damned gronn and sent Cho'gall packing into the Twilight Bastion.
Don't you worry. With your help and that of your friends, we'll get in there and we'll kill Cho'gall once and for all!
You will receive:
You will also be able to choose one of the following:
With no time to retreat, players can only stand and quake in fear as Skullcrusher and Cho'gall both appear! Cho'gall revels in his victory as he orders Skullcrusher to action!
- Back, vermin! (Insects! Weak and small!)
Look, mortal, upon the instrument of your undoing. (The Hammer, hand of the Gods Below.) Forged of molten blood... (...gift of the master. His gift!) Shaped upon the Last Altar of Storm.
The Hammer of Twilight. (The Hammer of Twilight!) Commissioned by the . It is the breaker of worlds. It is not yours to wield. (Kill the intruders!) Kill them all!
What Deathwing has set in motion... (...no man can stop.) No man! Least of all you wretches. (Show them. Show them the end!)
Skullcrusher lumbers forward, and with one mighty swing launches players off the altar and through the air...
- Go back up there and get into the fight!
The fight is fairly straightforward:
- , , and will be there and attacking Skullcrusher. Zaela serves as the tank, Cozwynn the healer (who also heals players), and Garona is the DPS.
- Join in the fight, helping to whittle down Skullcrusher's health pool.
- Players will be prompted to activate the various altars on the edge of the fighting area and told to avoid the shadow altar. All players need to do at this point is to run in a circular pattern, continuously activating the altars while avoiding the one exuding shadow magic. This is to provide several important buffs, including: increasing damage dealt by 50%, reducing damage taken by 50%, casting speed increased by 50%, chance to gain a critical strike increased by 50%. Each buff will last approximately one minute.
- The aura from the shadow altar deals considerable damage to players standing in its radius.
- At some point NPCs will fall in battle. Players need to pay attention to the warning so they can run over to them and revive them by clicking on them. This will happen several times, and may tend to happen to one NPC more than others.
- Finally a message will prompt players to locate and blow the Dragonmaw Drums. They will fall at Skullcrusher's feet, right in front of Zaela. Skullcrusher almost invariably stands on it, so it may be helpful to zoom into first-person view to find and activate it. Once used, it summons reinforcements that quickly help to finish off Skullcrusher.
-  / 
-  /  / 
-  / 
- Complete all of the following Elementium Depths quests (starts with Help from the Earthcaller above):
-  / 
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.