|The Damaged Journal|
Requires Level 73
or 12569 at Level 90
|Rewards||5 90 (or 12 57 at 80)|
This battered, mud-stained journal has seen better days. Leafing through the pages, you discover dozens of notes, diagrams, and maps.
The author's handwriting seems vaguely familiar, but you're unable to place it until you discover an entry signed with the name of Brann Bronzebeard.
The back half of the book, containing the most recent entries, has been torn away. Pages litter the battlefield, and it will be impossible to know what Brann discovered here until the book is whole again.
What's that you have there?
- Torthen Deepdig reads through the most recent entries in Brann's journal.
- Torthen Deepdig says: It says here that Brann discovered a mysterious runic plate deep in Thor Modan!
- Torthen Deepdig says: Brann writes that he was working on a guide to these runic symbols when the giants and their allies attacked.
- Torthen Deepdig says: He reports deciphering part of the writing on the runic plate, but it doesn't look like he recorded his translation.
- Torthen Deepdig says: By Magni's beard, we've got to construct the runic key he used to read the plate. We could be right on his heels!