|This article or section is a quest stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
|The Edge of Winter|
or 13229 at Level 90
|Reputation||+250 The Silver Covenant|
|Previous||"A Valiant of <Capital city>"|
The following NPCs offer this quest to valiants of the Argent Tournament who have yet to complete :
- <Grand Champion of Stormwind>
- <Grand Champion of Gnomeregan>
- <Grand Champion of the Exodar>
- <Grand Champion of Darnassus>
- <Grand Champion of Ironforge>
That's the last time I ever spar with a death knight.
Prove your worth and earn the weapon that she has guarded for so long, <name>.
Did you win the blade I seek?
This blade is as fine as the stories say. It would seem there's little reason to complete the repairs on my customary blade. Winter's Edge is far superior and I will continue to carry it. You have my thanks, <name>.
The Crystal Vice is at the northern edge of Dragonblight bordering Crystalsong Forest. Lord Everblaze is situated just to the east of the path coming out of Dragonblight high up on the ridge at [54.8, 75.0]. He drops the .
Take the Ember to northern Howling Fjord. Players with slower flying mounts may want to take connecting flight paths to Camp Winterhoof or Fort Wildervar. Winter's Breath Lake is the lake south of Gjalerbron and Camp Winterhoof. On a floating patch of ice at the center of the lake ([42.2, 19.7]) is the Maiden of Winter's Breath Lake, a frost nymph encased in a block of ice. Use the Ember to free her from the Curse of Ice and retrieve .
- Maiden of Winter's Breath Lake says: Thank you, mortal, for freeing me from this curse. I beg you, take this blade.
- Maiden of Winter's Breath Lake says: It has brought me naught but ill. Mayhap you can find someone who will contain its power.
-  and complete the daily quests listed below to earn enough to continue. (15 seals at 5 per day)
- Players will be offered one of these quests based on their race:
-  and complete the daily quests listed below to earn enough to continue. (25 seals at 5 per day)
After completing "", the following quests open up allowing players to repeat the valiant stage of daily quests (steps six and seven) for the other factions with which they have not yet earned the right to champion:
Patches and hotfixesEdit
Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Added