|The Great Hunter's Challenge|
|Rewards|| or or or |
- Game Animals Killed (60)
So y'have something of a hunter's instinct. You're not a bad shot, and Hemet hasn't driven you out, so he must be planning on including you in the hunt.
How'd you like to have a bit of a competition, just me and you?
Hemet and the others will ask you to help in their hunting. Along the way, you and I will count up the kills we contribute to their goals. Now, this isn't something you can win in the blink of an eye, and you'll find yourself killing many different kinds of creatures. Good luck!
Care to count 'em up?
So, you've come to concede already?
<Drostan's jaw drops as you tell him you've already made all your kills.>
No way! How in Azeroth did you do that? I just made my 58th. So close!
But fair's fair. I underestimated you, <name>, but you've earned this victory fair and square.
Pick up this quest before starting any of the other mastery quests! The Mastery quests require at least 75 kills, allowing you to complete this quest without any additional effort.
- Drostan says: Remember, <name>, this is no sprint. The true test of a hunter tests his endurance over the course of a long expedition.
While hunting, Drostan will periodically spawn by you when you make a kill, of which he may say:
- That's number 10! How many've you got?
- 11! It's gonna take a bigger effort than that to beat ol' Drostan!
- That's my 16th and I'm still going easy on ya!
- Ha! 16! how many've you got? 10, maybe 11 if you're lucky?
- Kill number 26 and I'm still just warming up.
- 26th! Are you going to start killing, or what?
- Well, now that I've got a nice lead, I think I'll enjoy a little nap.
- Well, that was a relaxing nap. How's the game hunting going over there?
- Gotta go elsewhere to find some more game. Was hoping to be beyond 48 by now.
- 54! Surely an insurmountable lead.
As suggested in the Completion message above, Drostan will always have 58 kills when you complete the quest. As long as you kill 60 Beasts in Sholazar Basin, you will beat Drostan and successfully complete the quest. This is not a timed event.