|The Halls Of Reflection|
|Category||Halls of Reflection|
You have reforged and tempered the sword, yet it sits quietly in its sheath, showing no signs of the power it should possess. You say the sword pulls you, as though it possesses a will?
Dare you bring it where it wishes to go? It is not right that the sword should be this silent and this insistent, yet I fear that if you do not take the sword to its destination, we will never learn why. Take it into Icecrown Citadel's Halls of Reflection, but be on your guard! I'll be waiting for you in The Frozen Halls
What happened inside the Halls of Reflection?
I had not thought it possible for evil to take hold in such a sword, but I suppose it was naive of me. If the greatest of dragonkind's creations could be corrupted and turned against them, why not a mere sword?
Uther's advice is wise, <name>, and I would urge you to heed it quickly.
After accepting the quest, players are debuffed with Quel'Delar's Compulsion: "Quel'Delar pulses with darkness and seems to be pulling you toward the Halls of Reflection in Icecrown Citadel." This debuff does not confer any in-game effects besides pointing players to the next step of the quest.
- Uther the Lightbringer yells: Halt! Do not carry that blade any further!
- Quel'Delar leeps to life in the presence of Frostmourne!
- Uther the Lightbringer yells: Do you realize what you've done?
- Quel'Delar prepares to attack!
Quel'Delar will spawn and attack the party, and must be "killed" in order to obtain the Subdued Quel'Delar. , who stands next to the pedestal of Frostmourne, instructs the player that they must take the sword to the Sunwell to cleanse it of its evil.
After defeating the sword:
- Uther the Lightbringer says: You have forged this blade from saronite, the very blood of an old god. The power of the Lich King calls to this weapon.
- Uther the Lightbringer says: Each moment you tarry here, Quel'Delar drinks in the evil of this place.
- Uther the Lightbringer says: There is only one way to cleanse the sword. Make haste for the Sunwell and immerse the blade in its waters.
- Uther the Lightbringer says: I can resist Frostmourne's call no more...
- Uther fades away
Turn around, walk out of the dungeon, and go turn in the quest to pick up the next.
If you find the sword overpowering, you can abandon the quest and pick it up again at the quest giver outside of the 5 man Icc dungeons.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): Added.
All the quests in this chain have a required level of 80 to accept.