|This article or section is a quest stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
|The Power to Destroy|
|Reputation||Warsong Offensive +250|
Speak to Koltira Deathweaver should you need to re-enter the world of shadows.
- Shadowy Tormentor slain (6)
While you have done much for me, one task remains.
Beside the world you know exists another world. It is from that world, the world of shadows, that my tormentors assault me. While I am powerless to face my own demons, you could end their reign of terror. You have the strength, I have seen it with my own eyes.
Enter the world of shadows and face the demons that torment me!
Do this and I will translate the tome, as promised.
The power I hold comes at a great cost, <name>. Many knights, light and dark alike, lost their lives in the final battle at Light's Hope. The prospect of the future looks grim, but at least now I know what I face. The Lich King will never release his grasp and for that alone he must die!
During the quest, the Lich King descends into the middle of the town on the back of a frostwyrm (which is probably Sindragosa). He recites several threats to the player (including the accompanying audio speech) before flying away.
- The Lich King says: Ah, the Horde... meddling, as always. I suppose a welcome is in order. So welcome, insects. Welcome to my world.
- The Lich King says: You have crossed into the world of the dead in search of answers. You wish to save your ally and have risked life and limb to be here. Allow me to help.
- The Lich King says: The boy believed that he was free, but free will has a price. The demons I kept at bay are now loose upon him and all death knights that attempt to flee...
- The Lich King says: Mograine's sacrifice was for nothing. You will let Koltira know, won't you?
- The Lich King says: And remember this, mortal: for now I give you the choice. I allow you to pick your allegiance, but in the end, you will be mine - one way or another.
It is very likely that the demons that apear in this quest may have something to do with the initial process of creating death knights. Although we do not have enough information in the official lore to confirm or deny this, it is very likely that some type of demonic forces helped in creating the first death knights.