|The Sacred and the Corrupt|
|Start||Highlord Darion Mograine|
|End||Darion Mograine's Runeforge|
|Level||80 (Requires 80)|
|Reputation||+350 The Ashen Verdict|
The Sacred and the Corrupt begins the expansive quest chain to forge from 's former weapon, . Death Knights, paladins and warriors must be friendly with the Ashen Verdict before will offer this quest.
Rotface's Acidic Blood and Festergut's Acidic Blood may only be obtained in the 25 person difficulty setting of Icecrown Citadel.
It is against my judgment that I present you this errand, <race>, as it will likely end in your undoing.
Ignore my counsel and embark on the endeavor, and I shall provide you with the knowledge and resources to see it through.
You must return to Frostmourne Cavern and recover Light's Vengeance, ' discarded hammer. Reforged with saronite and etched with the acidic blood of the 's abominations, it will provide the foundation for our work.
As you draw near, the forge's flame seems to burn even more ravenously...
A deep sense of dread washes over you as the flame devours the items.
- As the player approaches the dais in Frostmourne Cavern, they are suddenly frozen. The Lich King approaches from the darkness. He stops, standing next to the hammer he wielded so long ago...
- The Lich King says: So predictable...
- The Lich King says: Did you truly expect to fulfil Mograine's task unopposed?
- The Lich King knocks Light's Vengeance across the cavern.
- The Lich King says: You shall both suffer as his father does...
- The Lich King raises hordes of the undead throughout the chamber.
- The Lich King says: ...in eternal unrest!
- The Lich King says: Die well, fool.
Near the dais, a shielded vrykul will summon in more ghouls as you kill them. Your task is to retrieve the hammer from the light cone that can be seen on the right side of the cavern. Getting there will require killing and/or stunning the mobs long enough to loot the hammer without taking any damage. After looting the hammer, it will fly toward the center of the cave, killing any enemies along the way and destroying the shielded vrykul, then landing on the ground. Take this time to heal up, as looting the hammer at its new location will respawn the elite as a skeleton. This event can be soloed, but bringing a pocket healer along for the show is hardly a bad idea.
And this was the easiest part of the quest.
The two blood samples are not group loot! Only one drops per kill.
The Primordial Saronite can either be obtained through bosses on 25 player, or by purchasing them for 266 Justice Points and/or the Auction House. This will require either 6650 Justice Points or a large sum of gold (exactly how much depends on the prices on your server).
Upon obtaining all of the items, the quest is turned in at the runeforge to the left (as you face him) of Darion Mograine in Light's Hammer. It can be completed in either the 10-player or 25-player modes, but the raid items (the blood of Festergut and Rotface) can only be obtained on 25-player mode.
After completing the quest:
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: So, it has begun...
- Darion approaches his runeforge, and casts a spell to combine the items to create Shadow's Edge
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: Behold! The binding of sacred and corrupt: the forging of Shadow's Edge, a weapon of untold potential!
- Darion returns to his post. A powerful blue flame roars in Darion's runforge, as Shadow's Edge floats into Darion's hands.
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: Bend it to your will, and you shall wield unstoppable power!
- Highlord Darion Mograine says: Fail, and your soul shall forever be its slave.
|Frostmourne Cavern: Light's Vengeance|
|Obtaining Light's Vengeance|
| Frostmourne Cavern Light's Vengeance(05:58)|| Light's Vengeance Exploit(02:59)|
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): Added.