|Windroc Mastery (2)|
|Start||Shado 'Fitz' Farstrider|
|End||Shado 'Fitz' Farstrider|
Requires Level 64
or 6989 at Level 90
|Previous|| ω τ ϖ|
|Next|| ω τ ϖ|
This quest is part of the The Nagrand Safari quest chain, leading to the achievement.
Hunt down 12 Ravenous Windrocs and then return to Fitz at the Nesingwary Safari in Nagrand.
You must always push yourself if you are to one day stalk the mightiest of prey! While you are not yet ready, I will point you in the right direction. There is another breed of windroc even deadlier. Seek out the ravenous windroc to test your mettle against. You will find them in the heart of Nagrand to the west and southwest.
You have proven your skill once more, <class>. Now you must go on to stalk the fiercest of the windrocs.
Upon completion of this quest you will gain:
- 11650 XP (or 6 99 at level 70)
Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Undocumented, changed from 30 to 12 ravenous windrocs.
|The Nagrand Safari|
They may have some problems with their aircraft, and with injuries to the hunters, but they are still carrying on with their hunting.
As with the Stranglethorn safari, completing the final quest gains you a significant reward. Classes that used ranged weapons have their choice of a gun, throwing axe, or a wand. Classes that don't use ranged items (Paladin, Druid, Shaman) will be even more interested as they are offered a rare item for their ranged-equivalent slot.
Similarly, this quest involves the slaughter of a large number of beasts. Skinners will find most of the quests in this set to be profitable.
The Nagrand Safari
Shado 'Fitz' Farstrider asks you to go hunting Windrocs.
- Kill 12 Windrocs, level 64-65. They can be found nearby. They are not aggressive, only attacking when provoked.
- Kill 12 Ravenous Windrocs, level 65-66. Unlike the normal Windrocs, these are aggressive. They can be found beween Halaa and Telaar, just northeast of the road that connects the two.
- Hunt down Gutripper, and return with one of it's . Gutripper didn't get that name idly. She'll split you open if given the chance. She's fast and she flies fairly high, so you'll have to provoke her somehow to get her to come down to fight you. She can be found among the Greater Windrocs just south of the western passage to Zangarmarsh.
- Kill 12 Talbuk Stags, level 63-65. They can be found nearby, and are nonagressive.
- Kill 12 Talbuk Thorngrazers, level 64-66. They can be found around Garadar, both to the southwest as far as Halaa, and to the northwest as far as the Laughing Skull Ruins. Some can also be found southeast of Telaar.
- Kill Bach'lor and return with his . Much like Gutripper, he can be found far to the west, roaming between Sunspring Post and the forge camps further west.
Having gotten a trophy to show about, Harold Lane suddenly recovers from his 'illness'.
Hemet Nesingwary himself asks you to prove yourself by hunting Clefthoofs.
- Kill 12 Clefthoof, level 64-65. They can be found nearby, and are nonagressive.
- Kill 12 Clefthoof Bulls, level 65-66. They can be found just south of Garadar, through the entire area northeast of Halaa, to almost as far as Warmaul Hill. A few can also be found east of Telaar, and between Telaar and Oshu'gun.
- You are to kill Banthar, near Oshu'gun, and return with her . Look for a large herd of Clefthoof, and you will find her at the fore.
Having completed all of the above (Windrocs, Talbuk, and Clefthoof), Hemet asks you for one last feat: kill Tusker, the legendary white Elekk, and return with her . Hemet even tells you where to find her: atop a bluff overlooking Oshu'gun. There aren't that many out there, you can find the right one easily enough. (pst - It's the one with the white Elekk on it!)
Don't expect her to simply hand you her heart for the asking. Defeating her may take a group effort. She's big, she's mean, and she isn't 'easy'.
Hemet is quite pleased that you survived, and declares that you've proven yourself one of the elite.
For killing Tusker, you are offered your choice from among:
Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Undocumented, the 9 mastery quest requirements were reduced from 30 each to 12 each.
- Shado 'Fitz' Farstrider's quests:
- Harold Lane's quests:
- Hemet Nesingwary's quests:
- Having completed all of the above, Hemet Nesingwary offers you