I feel like this article should be renamed to "Quest: Attunement to the Core (Solo)" or something to that effect to further differentiate the fact that it is not the conventional way to accomplish attunement. Anyone disagree? --Maldian 13:26, 26 Feb 2006 (EST)
- I disagree. It has clearly been noted that this is the way to solo it, and that the conventional way is to just fight your way there. Jeoh 16:25, 30 April 2006 (EDT)
This stratagy is no longer solo-able. As of 1.10 (may be eariler) the second island now has 5 elete flame elementals on it. furthermore, there are aditional patroling mobs in the lava.
- i'll attempt this again later. CJ 04:45, 15 May 2006 (EDT)
- Just tried it, and only had 4 elementals on the island.. i was able to solo run there no problems at all. CJ 09:48, 21 May 2006 (EDT)
Anyone with any advice for a non-healing class to solo this? Specifically, I can get down to the lava no problem on my hunter(level 60) but making it to the island near the bridge is killing me. I am thinking that two greater fire protection potions together with a swim speed potion will do the trick but I haven't had a chance to try that out yet. Obviously other people have managed to solo this. What tricks did you use to make it across the lava? - McGraken 5/24/06 9:08 (EST)
- i prefer the stealth method, but 2 greater fire protection potions, and some fire resist to negate some of the damage are recommended.
Keep an eye out for the elemental between the anvil and the first island in the lava, it's really hard to see sometimes, and will often kill you. CJ 04:31, 25 September 2006 (EDT)
Basic info needed
The article should include a section on where and how to get the quest. Also, a few hints on how to do it the "conventional" way would be an improvement to the article. There seems to be no source left on the internet on how to do this, and there should be. I would write it myself if I knew how to get the quest or how to do the quest. Dibblah 00:17, 15 August 2006 (EDT)
- You need to be lvl 55 to get the quest from the bloodelf outside BRD. but you need to be lvl 60 to actually solo it. (tried and tested) CJ 04:29, 25 September 2006 (EDT)
I've reworked the entire page and integrated the much easier way past the shadowforge door, and the .11 patch trick with marking the patrols. Bhodi 17:54, 2 October 2006 (EDT)
- Whether the way that involves aggroing 3 packs of mobs is easier is rather dependent on your class abilities I feel. I find my original way, of going via the north passage, easier. :-) Hex 19:53, 17 November 2006 (EST)
- Though having thought about it, perhaps using invisibility in the hall is the best way. I'll try that some time. Hex 20:02, 17 November 2006 (EST)