- This article is about the in-game raid boss. For character biography and Warcraft III appearances, see Rage Winterchill.
|Affiliation||Burning Legion / Scourge|
|Location||Hyjal Summit, Caverns of Time|
- Melee: ~3k on plate
- Frost Nova: ~3k damage plus 6 sec AoE freeze, dispellable
- Frost Armor: Exactly like a mages Frost Armor reduces movement and melee attack speed after melee hits
- Icebolt: instant cast, random target, 4250-5750 frost damage plus freeze debuff which also deals 2500 DPS
- Death and Decay: 10 seconds, 20 yard AoE centered on the ground at a random target, dealing 15% of max health as damage per second to each player in range
- Enrage: 10 minutes enrage timer
Look at the MH Boss Tips for general tips. Only one tank is needed. If available raid members should equip a PvP trinket, no other special gear or buffs required. Most NPC die rather quickly from Death and Decay, so it's safer not to risk Jaina (if she dies the event is reset).
This is probably Rage Winterchills most dangerous ability, Ice Bolt victims die quickly (usually within 2-3 seconds) from the DoT. It cannot be dispelled, but it can be removed by using a PvP trinket, a Paladin's bubble, a hunter's The Beast Within or a mages Blink.
Healing through the Ice Bolt damage is possible, but needs very quick reactions and/or coordination. One priest and one other healer can be put on "Ice Bolt duty". The priest uses Power Word: Shield (which buys 1-2 seconds), while the other healer casts a normal heal.
Death and Decay
Since this is stationary on the ground, the only difficulty is to take notice of it. Turn up spell details (in the graphics settings of the game configuration) to maximum - it's a rather faint red pattern on the ground. Everybody needs to move out of it quickly.
- The Legion's final conquest has begun! Once again the subjugation of this world is within our grasp. Let none survive!
Icebolt, Frost Nova
- Succumb to the icy chill... of death!
- It will be much colder in your grave.
Death and Decay
- Crumble and rot!
- Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
Upon killing a player
- All life must perish!
- Victory to the Legion!
- Your world is ours now!
- You have won this battle, but not... the... war.
In World of Warcraft Rage Winterchill loses his unique coloring and has the same white boned Lich Model.
- Mage Pov by Eagle's Pride of Malygos
- Rogue PoV By 3ioB (US-Suramar)
- Showdown first By Showdown (EU-Kazzak)
- For Killmovies of this encounter, see the Bosskill Movies page.
|Rage Winterchill Kill|