|Cooldown||2 min (GCD 1 sec)|
- "Do not be mistaken - I will gladly trade your life for a more obedient soldier." - Randolphe Mortimer
Raise Dead is a death knight ability learned at level 56. It allows the death knight to raise a Risen Ghoul to fight for a limited time. This creature can perform a number of attacks including fear, apply disease, stun, cause a target bleed, and pummel.
With Master of Ghouls (Unholy specialization), the ghoul becomes a permanent pet under the death knight's control.
- Raise Dead and other similar abilities have been a staple of the Warcraft series, commonly used by practitioners of necromancy, including Necrolyte units in Warcraft, Death Knight units in Warcraft II, and Necromancer units in Warcraft III.
- Even if you aren't Unholy specced, don't forget that Raise Dead is still a DPS cooldown!
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): This spell will no longer give two errors when the casting player lacks the reagent to cast it.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Duration lowered to 60 sec. and cooldown lowered to 3 min. The cooldown on this ability now begins when the pet dies rather than when it is summoned.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Raise Dead has now been split into two spells: