The Recruit-A-Friend program is a referral system, through which players can recruit friends or family members into World of Warcraft. When a player chooses to recruit someone, the recruit is emailed an activation key for a 10-day trial account. Accounts created through this referral become "linked" with the recruiter's account for 90 days. If the trial account is upgraded to a paid subscription, both the recruiter and the recruit gain benefits when they play World of Warcraft together. The latest version of this service was made available on November 12, 2013. This service was unavailable from mid October 2013 to November 11, 2013.
New UI Edit
How to recruit a friend Edit
Log into Account Management and click on the "Recruit-A-Friend" button. This loads the referral page where a player can enter a friend's name and email address and a custom message.
Lasts for 90 days after the recruitment Edit
- Both the recruit and the recruiter can summon each other while partied. This "Summon Friend" ability has a 30-min cooldown. The summoned character must be level 85 (was level 80 and previously level 60) or below.
- Both the recruit and the recruiter gain triple experience points (up to level 85; was level 80; and originally level 60) while partied and within 100 yards of each other.
- Recruit characters gain one "grantable" level for every two levels earned (up to 39 levels). Recruit characters may then grant these levels to the recruiter's lower-level characters.
- Levels may only be granted to characters on a recruiter's account by characters on a linked recruitee account.
- Levels may only be granted to characters of the same faction and on the same realm.
- Levels may not be granted to characters over level 79.
- Levels may not be granted to characters of equal or higher level.
- Levels may not be granted once the 90-day account link breaks.
- Levels may not be granted to recruiter's characters with XP gains disabled.
- The character receiving the levels must be lower than the granter's level, and below level 80 (was level 60).
Game time dependent rewards Edit
- The recruiter receives a free month game credit for each recruit who pays for a first month of game time.
- The recruiter receives a special mount (choose 1 of 4 available mounts) roughly a week after the recruit pays for a second of game time:
- As of Patch 5.4.1, the new available mount is the ω τ ϖ. This patch released on October 29, 2013 before BlizzCon 2013.
- Before October 29, 2013, the recruiter received a . As of November 12, 2013, this mount is again available.
- Before July 16, 2012, the recruiter received a . As of November 12, 2013, this mount is again available.
- Before April 27, 2010, the recruiter received a instead. As of November 12, 2013, this mount is again available.
- The recruiter also receives a special pet (choose from 1 of 4 available) roughly a week after the recruit pays for a second of game time:
- As of Patch 5.0.# with the release of Account Wide Mounts, Recruit-A-Friend mounts WILL NOT be Account bound, despite being Account bound in the Beta and Patch 5.0.4 PTR this is a bug and they will not be Account Bound.
Temporarily removed benefits Edit
- The free month of game time in the original news announcement was removed at some point and not re-added until November 12, 2013.
Raised level grant cap Edit
Previous X-53 Touring Rocket mount Edit
Original news announcement Edit
- Earn an Exclusive Zhevra Mount with the New Recruit-a-Friend!
Posted by: Frost | 8-05-08
- With the new Recruit-A-Friend program, you can earn an exclusive Zhevra mount, receive a FREE month of game time, and gain access to other exciting in-game benefits. From the moment your friend creates a character and starts playing, you'll both earn triple the experience when grouped together and have the ability to summon one another from anywhere in the world. Also, for every two levels of experience your friend earns, they can grant one level of experience to one of your lower-level characters.
- To start recruiting your friends, click here.
- For more details on the new Recruit-A-Friend program, please click here.
Videos EditNew Recruit A Friend Mount Emerald Hippogryph(01:14)
58 views World of Warcraft Recruit A Friend Tutorial(02:05)
- Some players use Recruit a Friend on themselves and multibox or alt tab in order to level at 3x the normal rate.
- ^ perculia 2013-10-24. Patch 5.4.1 PTR: Recruit-A-Friend Pets and In-Game UI. Wowhead News.
- ^ chaud 2013-10-29. Patch 5.4.1 Live This Week, Connected Realms Update, Blue Posts, News Recap. MMO Champion.
- ^ a b c Blizzard Entertainment 2011-07-07. Recruit-A-Friend Program Levels Up to 80.
Blizzard Entertainment 2011-07-07. Recruit-A-Friend Program Levels Up to 80.
- ^ chaud 2013-11-03. RaF Active to Level 85, Connected Realms Update, Blue Posts, OpenRaid Updated. MMO Champion.
- ^ a b c d e f g h Blizzard Entertainment 2013-05-16. Recruit A Friend Rewards FAQ (Article ID: 900009). Battle.net Support (US).
Error on call to Template:ref web: Parameters url and title must be specifiedBlizzard Entertainment 2013-05-18. . Battle.net Support (EU).
- ^ a b c Blizzard Entertainment 2013-11-12. Recruit A Friend Program Offers New Rewards. World of Warcraft Official Game Site (US).
- ^ chaud 2013-10-12. Patch 5.4.1 PTR - Build 17841. MMO Champion.
- ^ perculia 2013-10-12. Patch 5.4.1 PTR: Build 17481 - New RAF Mount. Wowhead News.
- ^ Vrakthris 2012-07-16. #3 - Is the new RAF mount Account Wide?. Official Support > Customer Support forum (US). No, the rewards from the Recruit a Friend promotion are specific to the character that receives it. We have received word that the current plan is that these mounts will remain specific to a character and not be made account wide.
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment. Recruit-A-Friend FAQ.
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2010-08-07. News archive from September 2008. Archived from the original on 2010-08-07.
See also Edit
- Getting friends to play
- Old info