This mount comes with two vendors: <The Fixer> and <Traveling Trader>. You can dismiss one or both of them to free up a spot for a friend in your party or raid. The buttons used to dismiss the vendors can also be used to force player passengers off the mount. When the vendors are dismissed, they will not return until the mount is dismissed and resummoned again.
This item can be purchased for 20,000 from the exotic mount vendor Mei Francis in Dalaran. The price of the mount drops to 16,000 at exalted with the Kirin Tor, but with the Guild Perks, if your guild hit level 24, you can buy it for 14,000
- This mount is like dropping a repair bot if the dungeon is outdoors or otherwise allows mounts to be summoned. Even for instances that do not allow mounting, repairing is often needed after repeated corpse runs, where players may be near an entrance anyways, and could simply gather around the mammoth just outside the instance portal before returning inside.
- The vendors that come with the mount are not associated with any reputation faction. Thus, they charge full price for purchased items or repairs, and do not offer reputation-based discounts. Nevertheless, if you are a Goblin then you will be able to receive the exalted discount where possible; including repairs and the items sold from the vendors in general.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): The mount no longer uses vehicle mechanics (see 3.0.8 change below); it uses mount mechanics (again?). Passengers take damage as on other mounts.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): The mount no longer takes damage and can no longer die when falling a great distance. Instead, it resists all damage, and prevents passengers from taking damage as well.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Players can no longer carry the Warsong Gulch or Eye of the Storm flags while passengers on the mount.