The rhinoceros, or rhino, is infamous for its bad temper and willingness to charge intruders. They are about 6 to 14 feet long, 3 to 6 feet high at the shoulder, and can weigh up to 6,000 pounds. When it is harassed or annoyed, a rhinoceros lowers its head and charges. Some druids choose them as their animal companion. They can be summoned by druids as nature's allies.
Hunter pet Edit
|Specialization (upon taming)|
|The Rhinoceros eats|
|The Rhinoceros comes with|
|All pets come with|
Rhinos are considered an exotic beast, and can only be tamed by beastmaster hunters with the ability. Despite being decent tanks, they are not as popular in instances, due in part to their large size.
Though hunters can respec their pet rhinos into Cunning or Ferocity, they are inherently Tenacity. In addition to the abilities that come standard with all pets (, , ) and those given to their natural or retrained specialization, all rhinos are given the following:
The subspecies below can be tamed by hunters.
Mobs with levels can be tamed by beastmaster hunters.
Vanity/Battle pet Edit
- Rhinos, when tamed, can get a tickbird to land on their horn. They will stay on the rhino's horn until the pet is desummoned or dies. The bird can be targeted and killed if the hunter decides to, wild rhinos sometimes have these as well, and if your rhino loses the tickbird you can get a new one by going near wild ones or killing a rhino with one, it will fly to your rhino's.
- Rhinos borrow the basic frame from kodos.
Patch changes Edit
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): New special ability added, Horn Toss.
- Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): Stampede no longer has a knockback.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Bonuses equalized. Damage had no bonus and now has +5% bonus. Health had a 10% bonus and now has a +5% bonus.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Become tamable.