|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.|
|Location||Retribution, Tier 10|
Righteous Vengeance was a Tier 10 Retribution talent which places a stacking dot (physical damage) on the target based on critical strike damage dealt by the Paladin's Divine Storm, Crusader Strike and Judgement Spells.
|Rank||Additional Damage Dealt|
- The current belief for this spell is that it will refresh the duration of the debuff, and increase the periodic damage dealt to the target based on the crit damage dealt. eg:
- A Judgement crit for 1000 damage puts an 8 second debuff of 400 damage on the target ticking for 100 damage every 2 seconds, then a Divine Storm critical strike 4 seconds later also for 1000 damage will refresh the debuff duration to 8 seconds, and will add the 400 damage to the 200 still left in the pot, and will therefore tick for 150 damage until the buff expires or another critical strike refreshes the stack.
- Righteous Vengeance would be an average of 7% of your total damage (in PVE).
- The high damage from judgements with seal of corruption/vengeance with 5 stacks of blood corruption (which have a tendency to hit higher than any other single attack for a paladin) can cause this talent to be incredibly potent, dealing significant damage over time to bosses
- Quite effective in pvp against rogues and druids, who can stealth, as this will break stealth if it ticks and they take damage while hidden
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Removed.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Reduced to 3 ranks for 10/20/30%. Now triggers off of Crusader Strike.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Added.