|Ring of Frost|
|Cooldown||45 sec (GCD 1.5 sec)|
Ring of Frost is a mage talent available at level 45.
- Patch 5.2.0 (5-Mar-2013): Ring of Frost cast instantly through Presence of Mind now has a 2-second arming period before the Freeze effect is activated against targets in the area of effect. The 2-second arming period can be reduced by Haste.
- Patch 5.1.0 (27-Nov-2012): Ring of Frost now has a 45 second cooldown, up from 30 seconds, and can no longer affect more than 10 targets.
- Patch 5.0.4 (28 August 2012): Updated.
- Patch 4.2.0 (28-Jun-2011): Deep Freeze and Ring of Frost will cause diminishing returns on each other, in addition to the spells they normally share diminishing returns with.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Radius shrunk to 8 yards, and inner "safe" radius is now 4.7 yards (exactly matching graphic). Dispelling the effect of Ring of Frost will now make the target immune to being refrozen for 3 seconds. If a second Ring of Frost is cast by the same mage while the first is still active (via Cold Snap), the first will now disappear and cease functioning. In addition, Ring of Frost now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.; Ring of Frost can now be cast and works properly on transports (this includes elevators, trapdoors, etc.).