|Talent tree||Restoration, Tier 7|
|Tidal Focus, Ancestral Healing, Healing Grace, Tidal Mastery, Improved Water Shield, Thundering Strikes, Blessing of the Eternals, Purification, Ancestral Awakening, Tidal Waves|
Riptide is a 1 point talent in the shaman Restoration tree. It is an instant cast healing spell with a heal over time. If the shaman casts Chain Heal on the target while the Riptide buff is still up, it will consume the heal over time spell and give the chain heal a 25% increase in healing.
Similar to a druid's Regrowth spell, Riptide is both a direct healing spell and a heal over time spell. The direct healing part of the spell can crit, but this will not increase the healing done by the HoT component.
- Purification increases the healing done by the spell by 10%.
- Tidal Focus reduces the mana cost by 5%. Improved Water Shield returns mana every time the spell crits, further increasing mana efficiency.
- Tidal Mastery increases the critical effect chance of the spell by 5%. Thundering Strikes increases that by another 5%. Blessing of the Eternals adds a further 4%.
- Ancestral Awakening allows the spell to heal a secondary target for 30% of the initial heal if the spell crits. Note that this only affects the direct heal and not the heal over time part.
- Ancestral Healing causes the spell to increase the target's armor when it crits.
- Tidal Waves causes Riptide to decrease the casting time of your next two Lesser Healing Wave or Healing Wave spells if cast within 15 seconds.
- Healing Grace reduces the threat caused by the spell by 15%, and gives a 30% chance for the heal over time buff to resist dispel mechanics.
- Glyph of Riptide increases the duration of the heal over time effect by 6 seconds.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): This spell has a new icon and a new sound effect.
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): Healing done increased. Now triggers Tidal Waves.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Added.