Risen Ghoul is a ghoul pet created from a corpse using the death knight's Raise Dead ability, which lasts for two minutes. They can be sacrificed using the Death Pact ability to return health to the death knight. Alternatively, if the death knight has the Master of Ghouls talent the ghoul will have unlimited duration and be controllable by the death knight, acting like a hunter or warlock pet.
|Claw||50||Claw the enemy, causing damage.|
|Gnaw||50||Chew a limb off the target, stunning for 3 sec and dealing 90 to 110 damage.|
|Huddle||50||Go into a defensive crouch, reducing the damage taken from melee attacks, ranged attacks and spells by 50% for 10 sec.|
|Leap||1||Leap behind the targeted friend or enemy.|
Stats and scaling
Ghouls' have a "weapon" speed of 2.00.
Ghouls scale as follows:
- Like all class pets, ghouls' base stats scale with their level.
- Ghouls receive 70% of their master's strength untalented and 112% of their master's strength fully talented with 3/3 Ravenous Dead. A Glyph of the Ghoul causes ghouls to inherit an additional 40% of their master's strength, for a maximum strength inheritance of 152%.
- Ghouls receive 2 attack power per point of strength over 10.
- Ghouls receive 30% of their master's stamina untalented and 48% of their master's stamina fully talented with 3/3 Ravenous Dead. A Glyph of the Ghoul causes ghouls to inherit an additional 40% of their master's stamina, for a maximum stamina inheritance of 88%.
- Ghouls do not receive any health from their base stamina, and receive 10 points of health for each additional point of stamina.
- Ghouls receive 40% of their master's resilience rating.
- Claw deals 150% of a ghoul's AP-modified "weapon" damage.
- Gnaw deals 12% of a ghoul's AP-modified "weapon" damage.
- Ghouls gain hit chance and expertise based on their master's hit chance, according to the patch 3.2.0 "If a player is at their appropriate spell hit chance or hit chance maximum, their pet will be at the maximum for spell hit chance, hit chance, and expertise. If they are below the maximum, their pet will be proportionately below those maximums."
- Ghouls do not inherit any armor.
- Ghouls receive 100% of their master's haste.
Performing a /cower emote will cause him to roar at you, while performing a /angry emote will cause him to cower.
- There has been an occasionally reported bug with ghoul pets where they freeze or disappear. Although not a great solution, apparently a work around is to get the ghoul killed in-game.
- Using the /glare emote on the ghoul will cause it to stay in the cower position. It will need to be removed and respawned to remove this effect.
- It's possible to have your Ghoul spawned while mounted. Using the Dungeon Finder tool, be sure you are mounted when you enter the dungeon. Before you exit, make sure your pet is summoned. When you return to your previous position, you will be remounted, but your pet will not be dismissed.
- ^ http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=47468
- ^ http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=47481
- ^ http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t42606-pet_discussion_garg_aotd_ghoul/
- ^ Non-blue post: 1. Re: (Bug) Death Knight Ghoul Unusable 01/12/2009 11:00:11 AM PST by Duman
- ^ Non-blue post: 0. Ghoul Pet Bar Grayed Out - Ghoul Unresponsive 01/16/2009 02:51:45 PM PST by Inscription