|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.|
|Source information needed!|
There is a lot of confusion when it comes to describing non-Human height, weight and age. Too often, when attempting to describe a character's height, weight or age, the creator is forced to resort to similes, describing the character's attributes in reference to humans.
For example: Redbeard is about the age of a twenty year old human.
We will assume Redbeard is a dwarf, due to naming and character selection process, and can safely assume he isn't a human. As such, there are two ways to read Redbeard's Age.
- Redbeard is roughly the equivalent, mentally and physically, to a human at twenty years old or
- Redbeard is an infant dwarf, because dwarves live significantly longer than humans.
It is safe to assume that the creator implied the first interpretation, but you can never be too sure on anything. The user would have had to describe it as human years because they probably simply did not understand how old dwarves are able to get or how they age in comparison. But because dwarves live longer than humans, it is an error to describe a character as such, because a dwarf at the physical and mental equivalent of a human at twenty will still experience and learn more than a human could within those spans.
In an attempt to prevent confusion, I will go ahead and list the ages and heights of each race, with the exception of Draenei. All information comes from the World of Warcraft RPG guides, or from Blizzard, unless noted otherwise.
- Main article: Life spans
Below are the ages of each available race for creation. This excludes draenei, as they are thought to be immortal.
|Race||Adulthood||Middle age||Old||Venerable||Maximum lifespan|
|Blood elf||60 (or 110)||175||263||350||354-390 (or up to 2000)[n 1]|
|Night elf||110 (or 300)||500||650||700||705-1200 (or up to 2000)[n 3]|
|Orc||18 (or 20)||40||65||80||82-100 (or rarely over 75)[n 4]|
|Tauren||15 (or 50)||75||95||110||114-150 (or rarely over 100)[n 5]|
Average height for each race. If you wish to add, or subtract, a couple inches, feel free. Do not try to shave or add feet. Information here is taken from Wowwiki and World of Warcraft RPG.
|Race||Male (ft)||Male (m)||Female (ft)||Female (m)|
|Blood elf/High elf||6'1"||1.85m||5'9"||1.75m|
All weights are rough estimates; feel free to add or subtract as you wish. Please keep your character appearance and body structure in mind while deciding on your weight. (A blood elf [mostly for females] would be lighter than human of the same height, an orc the same height as a human would be heavier, esp because of muscle. Because of the different body structures, basing your character's weight on what the bmi would be for a human does not work well. )
|Race||Male (lb)||Male (kg)||Female (lb)||Female (kg)|
|Blood elf/High elf||118 - 175 lb||54 - 80 kg||100 - 165 lb||46 - 75 kg|
|Draenei||292 - 508 lb||132 - 230 kg||206 - 314 lb||93 - 142 kg|
|Dwarf||154 - 226 lb||70 - 103 kg||124 - 193 lb||56 - 88 kg|
|Forsaken||150 - 270 lb||68 - 122 kg||95 - 235 lb||43 - 107 kg|
|Gnome||42 - 45 lb||19 - 20 kg||37 - 39 lb||17 - 18 kg|
|Human||160 - 280 lb||73 - 127 kg||125 - 245 lb||57 - 111 kg|
|Night elf||216 - 324 lb||98 - 147 kg||206 - 314 lb||93 - 142 kg|
|Orc||292 - 508 lb||132 - 230 kg||252 - 468 lb||114 - 212 kg|
|Tauren||700 - 1500 lb||317 - 680 kg||500 - 900 lb||227 - 408 kg|
|Troll||216 - 324 lb||98 - 147 kg||201 - 309 lb||91 - 140 kg|
|Worgen||216 - 324 lb||98 - 147 kg||206 - 314 lb||93 - 142 kg|
- ^ Written lore accounts claim that high elves reach adulthood at 110 years of age, but can also live up to several thousand years before dying of old age.
- ^ Forsaken do not age, as they are already dead. Forsaken do not mature into adulthood, an individual becomes Forsaken upon death. While technically immortal, some Forsaken exhibit signs of old age, losing their identities and eventually sentience. They appear as dying old humans, feeble and scared, with a cold growing inside them, and forgetting who they are. They are losing their mind to the Scourge, and would eventually become a "mindless one" - an unintelligent zombie. All forsaken fear this process, as it means they revert to the Scourge's will and lose themselves to the Lich King and his dominance. The Forsaken will often kill these poor souls, perhaps as a form of mercy.
- ^ An earlier lore account claims that night elves achieve adulthood at 110 years and, while no longer immortal, can live to see a second millennium. The Warcraft Encyclopedia also states that "all elves are now mortal and have comparable lifespans that can extend as long as several thousand years".
- ^ An earlier lore account claims orcs are a relatively short-lived people, reaching maturity in about 18 years and rarely living longer than 75 years. It is also said that orcs that have drunk the blood of demons can live for a very long time, the magic sustaining them.
- ^ An earlier lore account claims tauren have relatively short life spans, reaching adulthood around age 15 and rarely living for longer than 100 years.
- ^ Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, pg. 42
- ^ a b http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/encyclopedia/339.xml
- ^ World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, pg. 174
- ^ Horde Player's Guide, pg. 152
- ^ Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, pg. 44
- ^ Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, pg. 51
- ^ Lands of Mystery, pg. 183
- ^ Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, pg. 53